Will these acoustic wedges be enough to give me a good start?

My budget fluctuates. I'm unemployed, all of my income is from freelance work, so week to week it varies. I've already spent ~$100 on audio equipment this week, wouldn't want to spend more than $50-75 more in the short-term. I won't be able to afford doing nearly as much as I want to this space for a bit, so I'm just looking for any cheap temporary stuff I can do to improve the sound as much as possible without breaking the bank, especially since it'll eventually be replaced.

That sounds like a great price for six panels. That's definitely something I'd like to do in the future.

here is one way of building your own traps.

and a source:
http://www.acoustimac.com/acoustic-...ation/?pid=3&gclid=CLTJ4aa0970CFW5eOgodxBUAYA

Attachments

• DIY-BASS-TRAPS-MADE-EASY.pdf
    426.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
that PDF is good info, but only shows 2" thick, should always go to 4" for the best full-frequency absorption.

To the OP, save your money up. Acoustic treatment could be the best 'equipment' money you invest. You should be able to build 6 2'x4'x4" panels for $200-$250.

it says in section 1 to stack them to get 4 inches....:facepalm:

I didn't read it, just glanced. But it makes more sense to use 1x4 wood for 4" thick rather than 1x2's somehow attached together.

yeah, instead of using 1x2s I am going to use 1 x 4s and place them on the sides instead of laying them flat. make a box to place the panels in. then rip a 2x4 at 45 degrees to make hangers so I can move them around if I need to. also going to place a 2x4 strip at the bottom so they will sit about 1.5 inches off the wall.:D

I used eyebolts near corners for hanging, by putting them sticking out (towards the rear) then using long matching 'hooks', they sit out from the wall a couple of inches (I don't have a lot of space).

Last edited:
I used eyebolts near corners for hanging, by putting them sticking out (towards the rear) then using long matching 'hooks', they sit out frim the wall a couple of inches (I don't have a lot of space).

Good idea, I may do that for the ceiling cloud panels. Thanks

For my ceiling-mounted traps, I put the eye hooks on the edges of the sides, and hook them onto hooks mounted on the suspended ceiling frame.

Back