Studio Desk

lewisb

Hello I'm currently building a home studio and I need some help with buying a desk. I would build a desk but just don't have the time.

I need to put on the desk KRK Rokit 6's, 15" Macbook & my M AUDIO Midi Keyboard.

Any suggestions, no more than £200 if possible

I didn't have the time or the money so I had to build one anyway. :-)

I say do that as its pretty easy and you can get something that is big enough and the right shape for you and your space. I built the whole thing for around £50.

I kept mine simple, flat top (but shaped), and 2 base units either end, at a slight angle.
I put support bars in the centre to connect the base units together, and then fitted the top to all of that with simple screws, recessed into the top. My Rack spaces are in the base units.

I looked online at the time for desks to buy and for £200 it was nothing more than a chipboard effort.

For the £50 and about 24 hours work (with painting and staining), well worth it.

:-)

Studio 1.jpg

Hello I'm currently building a home studio and I need some help with buying a desk. I would build a desk but just don't have the time.

I need to put on the desk KRK Rokit 6's, 15" Macbook & my M AUDIO Midi Keyboard.

Any suggestions, no more than £200 if possible

You can make a desk in the same time it takes to shop for one and assemble it (just about). I had the time, but not the money. $100 more or less.

studio2-2014.JPG

Back