Setting up new studio confused, tight on budget

animesh_u10

Need some help, i am confused with a few things for the basic studio setup, getting straight to the point there are a few questions,
1) Can i mix master with studio quality headphones,
2)do i need external soundcard if i buy a pair of monitors,
3)do i need a midi keyboard for music production to enhance my skills,
4) i have zero knowledge about keys, i should buy a midid then learn online or go the other way,
I have been on a tight budget and keep travelling so have thought of buying studio monitor headphones, i have shortlisted a few, they are:
1) Audio-Technica ATH-M50
2) Ultrasone PRO 550 S
3) Sennheiser HD 203
4) Beyerdynamic DT-990
5) Behringer HPM 3000
6) AKG K44 Headphones
7) AKG K77 Headphones
8) Audio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Monitor Headphones
Also if going for monitors i would consider the folowwing as they fall in my budget,
Monitors
1) MAudio Studiophile AV40 20W + 20W Powered Reference Monitors
2) JBL C2PS Control 2P Compact Powered Reference Monitor - Pair
3) Samson MediaOne BT3 Active Studio Monitors with Bluetooth
4) Behringer 1C-BK Passive Studio Monitor Speakers
5) Alesis M1 Active 320 USB Studio Monitor
6) Numark NPM5 Active 5" Studio Monitors
7) Behringer 1C-WH Passive Studio Monitor Speakers
8) Samson MediaOne BT4 Active Studio Monitors with Bluetooth - Pair
9) Samson MediaOne 4a - Active Studio Monitors
10)JBL C2PS Control 2P Compact Powered Reference Monitor - Pair
Bundle
Samson Studio GT Powered Studio Monitors with ProPack
im totally confused and the internet keeps messing it more and more, please help me out and gimme a direction, how to go about it,
thanks

As you are in India, your equipment choices may be limited, as are your finances, but to answer the basic questions:

You NEED an audio interface, not only for connection of your monitors, but for converting any external audio signal (microphone or instrument) to digital.
You don't need a MIDI keyboard unless you plan on 'playing' MIDI parts to record them.
You can mix on headphones, but if you haven't done it before your results will not be good for a long time - you will have to learn how your headphone mixes translate to other systems.

Read the sticky threads at the top of this forum about computer recording.

As you are in India, have a look at Sonodyne as they are made in India and are extremely good.

By the way I was near where you are last year, in Amritsar to visit the Golden Temple and to see the Closing ceremony at the Border.

Good luck on setting up the studio.

Alan.

Back