portable vocal booth

slidey

Lo folks

I'm waiting for an SE/electronics portable vocal booth reflexion filter & was just interested to see if any of you fine threadsters have used one?? & what did you think

obviously in the long run I'd be better off building a vocal isolation booth but it's not portable............

The reflexion filter retails for £229 in SOS & I'm looking forward to seeing what it does for me

L8r ppl
Slidey

hey slidey what are you talking about. I need a vocal booth. I might consider this one. do you have pics or a link?

Would one of these be ideal for my situation. Im gonna record rap vocals and my mic picks up my computers noise and maybe some noise outside. would this help?

This is what he's talking about: http://www.seelectronics.com/rf.html

RF_Pop_Up5.jpg

doubtful

Canibus said:
Would one of these be ideal for my situation. Im gonna record rap vocals and my mic picks up my computers noise and maybe some noise outside. would this help?

I don't think it would help keep your noises out but it will certainly treat any reflexions coming back at you

Ideally canibus you want to get yourself + mic into another (nice sounding) room if possible. With someone else to operate your puter

If you have to stay in your control room then an isolation booth sounds like your answer but that's not so straight forward & cuts your C/room down

An AKG C1000 + direction cap will help but at the end of it all you're never going to keep noises out of a microphone

It sounds to me like you're in a world of compromise canibus so in answer to your question NO I don't think the screen will do what you're after, but it'll help your captured vocalisations sound better before you look at the usual thi8ngs to sweeten the sound

good luck
Slidey

don't want to pollute the forum by blowing my own horn... but i'm involved with launching a new product that's probably a bit more effective than the SE thing. similar principle but a bit more solid re: acoustics etc..

you can check it out at www.modtrap.com

lemme know what you think.

zack@modtrap.com

thanks

zack

znorton said:
don't want to pollute the forum by blowing my own horn... but i'm involved with launching a new product that's probably a bit more effective than the SE thing. similar principle but a bit more solid re: acoustics etc..

you can check it out at www.modtrap.com

lemme know what you think.

zack@modtrap.com

thanks

zack

Cool. I like how it can mount to a regular mic stand.

Back