Ok...low tech, but gets the job done...still refining, but here it is:

Computers/Storage/MIDI
-PowerMac 7100 80/750
-Macintosh Powerbook 5300cs
-Bernoulli II Removable Storage Media
-iOmega SCSI Zip Drive Removable Storage Media
-Apple 300e CD-ROM drive
-Plextor PX-W1210TSE CDRW drive
-Apple 40MB external HD (S550 sample storage)
-MIDIMan MacMan MIDI Interface
-Opcode MIDI Translator II
-Yamaha MJC8 MIDI patch bay
-Yamaha QX5FD hardware sequencer

Software
-Digital Performer 1.41
-MasterTracks Pro 5.2
-Alchemy 3.0
-ProTools 3.4/w AM II
-Sound Designer 2.82
-Typhoon TX16W sample editor
-various software applications

Synths/Modules/Samplers
-Yamaha DX7S (controller)
-Yamaha DX100
-Yamaha TX81Z synth module
-Yamaha TG55 synth module
-Roland S550 Sampler
-Yamaha TX16W Sampler
-Yamaha MU100 synth module

Drum Machines
-Yamaha RY30 drum machine
-Yamaha RX5 drum machine

Mixers/Audio Processing
-Tascam 424 Multitrack Recorder
-Mackie 1202 VLZ Mixer
-Fender P-51 mics
-Sony TCWE305 dual cassette recorder
-RNC 1773 Compressor
-Tascam PB32B Audio Patchbay
-Roland VS880VX Digital Recorder
-Alesis Microverb III
-Alesis RA-100 Power Amp
-Sony Monitors

Guitars and Thangs
-Fender American Strat
-Epiphone Emperor II (Joe Pass Signature model)
-Ovation Applause Acoustic
-Yamaha RX-60B Bass Guitar
-Laney GC120C guitar amp
-Zoom 505 guitar effects processor
-Roland Boss HM-2, CE-3
-Dunlop Cry Baby Wah-wah

A pic follows

Attachments

• the_lab_a.jpg
    the_lab_a.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,313
Howdy gtrplaya, anyone who plays an f-hole like that is OK by me:D Nice set up. How long you been playin? I'm a retired playa! Still play at home though, but just for fun and recording. Merry Christmas to you.
fitz:)

DJTony, O-T and Fitz, thanks for the complements. Rick, I've been playing since I was 14, 40 now. Put it down for a while, but like they say...it's just like ridin' a bike. Good chattin with you all...Merry Christmas

GTR man- nice setup, you have many synths and DAW's, but what are you using for mics and outboard pres? I presume you have mics, but you didn't list them. I would suggest a bunch of mics, about 4 channels of badass pre, and then upgrade the guitars to the level of the rest of your setup. Then fight the urge to go pro.-Richie

LOL@Fitz! Richie...embarrassed to say that I have Fender P-51 mics (they are listed )- looking at a few Shures soon. Using the pres from my Mackie mixer, if that's what u mean, the rest of the outboard is listed above...I just added a Presonus Blue Tube mic pre..it's nice. As far as the guitars being upgraded to the level of the current, it should be the other way around....lol. What I mean is my equipment is so old (read low tech), that my Fender Strat is one of the new pieces of equipment. Gone is the Ovation Applause, upgraded that to a Celebrity (CS-257), but u are right, the bass guitar has GOT TO GO!! :)

What I mean is myequipment is so old (read low tech), that my Fender Strat is one of the new pieces of equipment.

Fender STRAT? shit, that IS the studio:D Ha, my whole studio started from havin one of those sombitchs!:D :D Love em to death I tell ya. (They love ya back if ya let em.)

Kiddin aside guys, you know what. At some point and I know I'm gonna get flamed to death, but this upgrade thing has got to stop. look around. This whole studio thing is a trick by the manufacturers to UPGRADE, UPGRADE AND MORE FUCKING UPGRADE. There is ONLY one manufacturer and they tell you this is no good, buy this, and now, thats a piece of shit, buy this hahahahahahah!! I'm sick of it. Every fucking week theres a new mic pre, or another piece of foam, or another .....you know. What the hell. How many of you guys really gonna record the next hit on some damn radio station...at some point you gotta start havin FUN!!. Oh...ahem, scuse me, my realistic cassette just stopped. Damn better get out the wire recorder. Ok, now where was I. Oh, crap just spilled a beer on my shure mixer. Hmmm, where'd I put that old silvertone. HMM oh, yea, I traded it for an atlas mic stand, well, hmmm, the EV 565 ought to plug in to this old heathkit. BRRRAZZZZZITKPOIK ..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
YOWEEEEEEE!!! what the hell was that blue flame....damn...better fix that old ac plug.
CRRRRRRRRRRRrap. I hate fixing 1/8 phone plugs....hmm maybe this dc multiadaptor will work ZAAAAAAAAAAAAP....oops..well, I got $8 on my radioshack card left....
I know. Upgrade time.:D
fitz:rolleyes:

Upgrade?? What's that? LOL!!!! The most recent upgrade I did was to my Power Mac...now it's running at a blazing 247 MHz!! I am with u, Fitz....it's all about making the music...in the end!! Nuff respect to the manufacturers, but they ain't takin' my money, unless absolutely positively necessary!!!

subtractor said:
What's up w/ that "desk"? Is it a desk? Where did you find it?

That is one of the old Omnirax systems...but get this...I walked into my local store (Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center, in MD), lookin for some furniture solutions...the keyboard dept was giving them away....free! U-Haul it, you can have it....Seems that with the shrinking equipment size over the years, they had to retrofit the whole department with smaller furniture....

I couldn't call enuff of my musician buddies:D

Nice Man, Nothing like that ever happens to me!
Looks like a nice place to record to me..
I bought a Blue Tube too, I'm pretty impressed with there customer support too.. I lost the 18 VAC power adapter, they fedexed me another one for free.. No questions asked (well, except for my address).

.. What type of music you doing?

demensia said:
Nice Man, Nothing like that ever happens to me!
Looks like a nice place to record to me..
I bought a Blue Tube too, I'm pretty impressed with there customer support too.. I lost the 18 VAC power adapter, they fedexed me another one for free.. No questions asked (well, except for my address).

.. What type of music you doing?

Thanks, it's definitely comfortable...ergonomics is everything...but I'm thinking of building a studio in an unfinished part of the basement....trick is to finish it.

Good to hear about Presonus customer service! Me, I do R&B/Soul/acid jazz...gospel.

MrBlackthorne said:
Dude, is that an old Apple II (IIe, II+ ?) green monochrome monitor on the top there? What is it hooked up to?

Rick

Keen eye, Rick...you got it. It's hooked up to the Roland S-550 sampler. The sampler takes both VGA and RGB RF outputs for monitor connections. Cheap way to hook up a monitor, cool, huh? I just received a BW monochrome one (sharp as a tack), cause the green one in the pic failed a few months ago. Beats using the sampler's tiny LCD screen, no doubt.

Back