let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Well this is all i have so far... Sadly...
But i am broke af' and 19 lol looking to upgrade/expand my equipment SOON

Windows 8 Laptop
Yamaha PSR-510 Keyboard
Turtle Beach PX21 Headset - It's a shame to admit that's what i am stuck using to record for the next couple weeks :facepalm:
FL Studio 10 Producer Edition
Adobe Audition CS6

IMG_20140622_200859.jpg

i bet i have the lowest budget production setup on the site lmao but even with turtle beaches...when using adobe audition CS6 it actually sounds BETTER than my old shure sm-58 mic lol

A few new things since my last post. I made some panels and corner traps, built a drum riser, a new desk and an amp stand and added some gear. The bitch of it is we are building an addition on our house, adding a second floor, and I have come to find out that they need to add some steel beams and columns down here. So Ill have to tear out one wall and part of the ceiling and rebuild later. Major bummer as it took me almost 3 years to get this room to where I want it and as soon as it starts falling into place I have to back track. When I rebuild I want to add a stage snake and run the cable on the other side of the wall to clean up the cable clutter when I track drums and some other little changes. But for now, on to the pics!

DSCN6821_zpsd1111177.jpg

DSCN6822_zps4aa56191.jpg

DSCN6826_zps5930ec84.jpg

DSCN6827_zpsaf6e952a.jpg

DSCN6833_zpsfb60b0a3.jpg

DSCN6835_zps0dd6a786.jpg

DSCN6836_zps9d07cf5e.jpg

DSCN6839_zps336e1c2d.jpg

DSCN6840_zps6bf72384.jpg

DSCN6841_zpsa8e5660d.jpg

DSCN6842_zps61518640.jpg

DSCN6853_zpse22c1179.jpg

Finally have some decent cable organization/storage:
DSCN6856_zps684dd77d.jpg

DSCN6860_zps35672cd8.jpg

Only thing I still need to add is a kick mic:
DSCN6865_zps3add2192.jpg

Sucks to hear you need to destroy some of that to continue the build.

All looks good but I would get those monitors on stands and spread them out a bit. You are not quite optimum for getting the stereo field right.

I would relocate the Marshall cab and the lamp and spread your monitors out to create a triangle from your listening position.

Just finished a 2 day project - building a new desk. Problem I had (besides a way-too-small desk that sagged) was storage space. Other than the basement, my music room is also my storage room for everything musical, and at 10-1/2'x11', it's limited. Wall I have the desk against has an open doorway at one end, just 6" from corner, so can't trap that except at the top; wall on left as a door in the center of it; wall to the right as an open doorway in the center; wall behind me has two windows with a steam radiator between them.

studio1-2014.JPG

studio2-2014.JPG

The basement was the only place I could store all my equipment for the open mics that I run - PITA the haul everything up the night before, then put it away the day after. The new desk takes care of that - the space on the right, besides storing 3 small guitar/bass amps, fits the powered monitor, mixer, music stand, and the two milk crates of cables, DI, power cords and lights slides under the center support shelf.
Yesterday it took most of the day for wood cutting, sanding, assembling and staining/urethaning, and all day today to move everything out, assemble the desk, then put everything back in place, hook up all the cables and rehang the traps. I ordered some foam edging to run along the whole front edge of the desk - more to protect my guitars when playing at the desk than anything else, but it should keep splintering from the poplar plywood, too.
Next project is 4 more bass traps, and I need to move my clouds over a little too.

Last edited:
Just finished a 2 day project - building a new desk. Problem I had (besides a way-too-small desk that sagged) was storage space. Other than the basement, my music room is also my storage room for everything musical, and at 10-1/2'x11', it's limited. Wall I have the desk against has an open doorway at one end, just 6" from corner, so can't trap that except at the top; wall on left as a door in the center of it; wall to the right as an open doorway in the center; wall behind me has two windows with a steam radiator between them.

View attachment 88024

View attachment 88025

The basement was the only place I could store all my equipment for the open mics that I run - PITA the haul everything up the night before, then put it away the day after. The new desk takes care of that - the space on the right, besides storing 3 small guitar/bass amps, fits the powered monitor, mixer, music stand, and the two milk crates of cables, DI, power cords and lights slides under the center support shelf.
Yesterday it took most of the day for wood cutting, sanding, assembling and staining/urethaning, and all day today to move everything out, assemble the desk, then put everything back in place, hook up all the cables and rehang the traps. I ordered some foam edging to run along the whole front edge of the desk - more to protect my guitars when playing at the desk than anything else, but it should keep splintering from the poplar plywood, too.
Next project is 4 more bass traps, and I need to move my clouds over a little too.

I feel your pain when it comes to space. Great Desk!

Did some artsy black-and-white to break in the new (well, used) camera -- :)

One of those photos was again stolen by none other than Rupert Neve Designs. :thumbs up:

I love it when that happens... And I love that piece o' gear.

Attachments

• MassiveMastering_RupertNeveDesigns_JUL2014.jpg
    MassiveMastering_RupertNeveDesigns_JUL2014.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 478
  • ArtsyBnW1JUL2014.jpg
    ArtsyBnW1JUL2014.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 462
Ace set up man!....you'll eventually get what you want. Rock-On!

Well this is all i have so far... Sadly...
But i am broke af' and 19 lol looking to upgrade/expand my equipment SOON

Windows 8 Laptop
Yamaha PSR-510 Keyboard
Turtle Beach PX21 Headset - It's a shame to admit that's what i am stuck using to record for the next couple weeks :facepalm:
FL Studio 10 Producer Edition
Adobe Audition CS6

View attachment 87870

i bet i have the lowest budget production setup on the site lmao but even with turtle beaches...when using adobe audition CS6 it actually sounds BETTER than my old shure sm-58 mic lol

Some room updates.....
Out went the Tannoy's.......
In came the new Allwood's.

3StudioAllwood_zpscdf7399a.jpg

The new Evolution 10's produce tons of tightly focused bass, smooth mid-frequencies while the wood horns provide naturally warm and crystal clear hi-frequencies without ear fatigue. They are a little too large for near-fields, they’re better suited as main monitors really, but they still actually track/mix/master great.

5StudioAllwood_zps012df01c.jpg

I'm loving these new speaker monitors!

Doesn't compare to all these sick setups, but here's what I'm working with so far:
20140808_112449.jpg
Mics aren't all there, have a Sennheiser 935 and a Shure Beta58 at the jam room.
20140808_113232_LLS.jpg20140808_114341_LLS.jpg
20140808_113157_LLS.jpg
20140808_114019_LLS.jpg ..........

Attachments

• 20140808_114019_LLS.jpg
    20140808_114019_LLS.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 331
Back