Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: How much will it cost to build a home studio like this ...

  1. #1
    seancfc's Avatar
    seancfc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK
    Age
    19
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    247356

    How much will it cost to build a home studio like this ...

    Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey everyone I want to start building a Home studio like this one. I really like the way its set out and its something that would be perfect for my room. I have a mic and pop screen.

    I need to know how much it will cost to have a studio set up similar to this.

    EDIT : I would be looking to get the Speakers, Desks, Foam, All the Mixers and I don't even know what else he has on that second desk. Is it mixers? lol.. daamn. That setup is so rich. EVEN THE CHAIR :O
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by seancfc; 02-25-2012 at 15:13.

  2. #2
    kidkage's Avatar
    kidkage is offline band
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    http://www.controllerism.com
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,283
    Rep Power
    12080826
    Quote Originally Posted by seancfc View Post
    Hey everyone I want to start building a Home studio like this one. I really like the way its set out and its something that would be perfect for my room. I have a mic and pop screen.

    I need to know how much it will cost to have a studio set up similar to this.
    Just a space or the equipment collection?

    With all that gear included? thousands
    With just the racks and foam and desk and stuff? hundreds
    Quote Originally Posted by fritsthegirl View Post
    LOL...USB mic, next CLA. (I don't even know what CLA is, but I'm sure it doesn't matter).
    You can find me on controllerism.com and on facebook (make sure you're signed in)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Age
    23
    Posts
    629
    Rep Power
    2957729
    that setup scares me a lot!
    United Studios
    ~ Coming Soon!!! ~

  4. #4
    Steenamaroo's Avatar
    Steenamaroo is online now Honorary Old Fart.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,463
    Rep Power
    21474856
    You'd probably need a better idea of exactly what you want, if possible.
    New or used?

    A used digi 002 like that will probably cost you a few hundred quid now, cos it's getting old. If avid even support it anymore, it wont be long till they don't.
    The more recent digi 003 will sting you closer to a grand, or more if you buy new.

    Do you want an imac? They start at a grand too. A mac mini and a screen might be adequate through for closer to 550.
    A pc could be even cheaper than that.

    So even on two items you could be looking at <800 or >2000 depending what you want.

    Hd280 headphones are about 90 new. Just thought I'd throw that in since I recognised them. :P
    Pete Gardiner's Youtube Channel <- It's brand new! Please subscribe!
    Free mp3s - Pete Gardiner

  5. #5
    seancfc's Avatar
    seancfc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK
    Age
    19
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    247356
    Quote Originally Posted by Steenamaroo View Post
    You'd probably need a better idea of exactly what you want, if possible.
    New or used?

    A used digi 002 like that will probably cost you a few hundred quid now, cos it's getting old. If avid even support it anymore, it wont be long till they don't.
    The more recent digi 003 will sting you closer to a grand, or more if you buy new.

    Do you want an imac? They start at a grand too. A mac mini and a screen might be adequate through for closer to 550.
    A pc could be even cheaper than that.

    So even on two items you could be looking at <800 or >2000 depending what you want.

    Hd280 headphones are about 90 new. Just thought I'd throw that in since I recognised them. :P
    Some of the Equipment would be used. Especially the Speakers.

    I don't need a computer. I already have a 4GB brand new Laptop. I would get the headphones and the speakers and probably a chair like that lol

    Probably the speakers, Mixers would be bought used and the headphones, desks and chair would be bought new.

  6. #6
    homestudioguy is offline 1K Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    1,287
    Rep Power
    794005
    Not liking the "In the Corner" Set-Up but it looks really nice.

    Here is photo of mine:
    Built the desk for $50.
    Built the rack for almost nothing as the wood was left over from another project. The Rack Rail cost about $40.
    Covered and mounted the black Owens Corning 703 Compressed Fiberglass Panels behind the Rack myself using a mounting system I designed and built.
    Built the Acoustic Panels on the wall behind the desk too!
    Yada Yada Yada

    Name:  OldMan2A.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  26.3 KB

  7. #7
    homestudioguy is offline 1K Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    1,287
    Rep Power
    794005
    Quote Originally Posted by seancfc View Post
    Some of the Equipment would be used. Especially the Speakers.
    I don't need a computer. I already have a 4GB brand new Laptop. I would get the headphones and the speakers and probably a chair like that lol
    Probably the speakers, Mixers would be bought used and the headphones, desks and chair would be bought new.
    Don't forget, you'll need to buy microphones and cables and microphone stands.

    There are some nice low-cost USB interfaces and mixers these days.....
    The PreSonus 16.0.2 FIREWIRE mixer got a real nice review in the UK based Sound On Sound Magazine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Age
    23
    Posts
    629
    Rep Power
    2957729
    Quote Originally Posted by homestudioguy View Post
    Don't forget, you'll need to buy microphones and cables and microphone stands.
    And it adds up too fast lol
    United Studios
    ~ Coming Soon!!! ~

  9. #9
    Guitargodgt's Avatar
    Guitargodgt is offline Why 2K?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Auburn NY
    Posts
    2,213
    Rep Power
    6117758
    Wish it was a higher res photo, but I see what I think is a 737 and that alone is over $2k USD.

    Plus there is all the unknown like plugins, mics, cable etc...

    If I had to round house guess this guy has well over $10k in gear alone.
    My home studio ---> www.nerolstudio.com

  10. #10
    seancfc's Avatar
    seancfc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK
    Age
    19
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    247356
    Quote Originally Posted by homestudioguy View Post
    Not liking the "In the Corner" Set-Up but it looks really nice.

    Here is photo of mine:
    Built the desk for $50.
    Built the rack for almost nothing as the wood was left over from another project. The Rack Rail cost about $40.
    Covered and mounted the black Owens Corning 703 Compressed Fiberglass Panels behind the Rack myself using a mounting system I designed and built.
    Built the Acoustic Panels on the wall behind the desk too!
    Yada Yada Yada

    Name:  OldMan2A.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  26.3 KB
    Wow.. I think Im gonna build my own desk.. But how can I make it as strong and nice looking as the $200 desks ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Looking to build my own home studio, need help!
    By Martinsaurusrex in forum Newbies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 00:49
  2. Looking to build a home studio.
    By Rhone in forum Studio Building & Acoustic Treatment
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 12:59
  3. Home studio build
    By Fab4ever in forum Studio Building & Acoustic Treatment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 08:26
  4. Low-cost sound control for a new home studio?
    By tuco in forum Studio Building & Acoustic Treatment
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-24-2008, 08:28
  5. HELP....me build a home studio!!!
    By Blue Budda in forum Newbies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-1999, 18:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Special 93% Offer

Got beats? Samples? Mixing and mastering services? Get a head start with this 93% OFF special offer!