What's the best chord?

I struck an "A" chord back in 1976 on my first Les Paul Standard through my first Marshall stack with a 100 watt head, that is still resonating and sustaining even now in the present time! I think anyone reading this would have to agree that that was indeed one helluva chord! :eek:
I heard it back then ! All the way across the Atlantic. I thought it was one helluva crow cawing and I shouted at it to sharrap.
Never heard the like again.....

Of the top of my head, I can immediately hear 2 candidates for the best chord of all time:

-Jimi's E7#9 from purple haze
-John Frusciante's Emaj7 in Under the Bridge

I would have to lean towards the Emaj7, makes me vibrate in all the right ways

I use the diminished sevenths quite a bit. I like the fact they can be named by any note in the chord and repeat as inversions every four frets. It gets a little difficult which note to call it by, depends on the key.

seriously, the best chord is the "and" chord. you know the "and" chord, as in

"aaaand he's a jolly good fellow...." etc etc etc, "aaaand...."

best chord. most all of the best songs have a best chord, the and chord.

I read somewhere a long time ago in a tabloid article by a band that F#m was the best chord because it resonates at the same frequencies as the female orgasm.
Gets my vote.

I read somewhere a long time ago in a tabloid article by a band that F#m was the best chord because it resonates at the same frequencies as the female orgasm.
Gets my vote.
That's only true for B-flat women. E-flat and C women have different resonant frequencies and, worse, usually require transposition.

That's only true for B-flat women. E-flat and C women have different resonant frequencies and, worse, usually require transposition.

And the D-flat women usually require transportation...

Oh shiz, this isn't Prime Time forum. Well, at least it not in Newbies.

My favorite has always been Jm7#. This chord seems to fit in any arrangement, and is included in every song I record.

As a heavy metal guitarist, I'm going to keep it simple and say E5. There's a million ways yet to make it fresh and original (though there's also infinite ways to make it boring and regurgitated).. More with less, says I..

attachment.php
images
Yours were a bit heavy for me.

We may be in dischord, but maybe we can get a chordial made with conchord grapes and rechord our achordians in one achord with a camchorder sitting on the chordwood!

Back