What's your favorite song production-wise?

easlern

Boredom artist
Ever since I heard "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears as a kid, I wanted to make a sound that was that big and intricate with a grandiose theme. It's not exactly brilliant lyrics-wise and it's not grab you by the balls powerful. It won't make you dance, but it's got different layers and pieces that come in with little riffs and fills, every note has a purpose and goes on-target. It's a precise pop song with some substance, I love it.

I'm wondering what your favorite song is production-wise? That can include lyrics and theme, but I'm thinking maybe more of an arrangement, or a unique sound, something that sets a song apart in your mind, even if it's not exactly next-level songwriting.

Ever since I heard "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears as a kid, I wanted to make a sound that was that big and intricate with a grandiose theme. It's not exactly brilliant lyrics-wise and it's not grab you by the balls powerful. It won't make you dance, but it's got different layers and pieces that come in with little riffs and fills, every note has a purpose and goes on-target. It's a precise pop song with some substance, I love it.

I'm wondering what your favorite song is production-wise? That can include lyrics and theme, but I'm thinking maybe more of an arrangement, or a unique sound, something that sets a song apart in your mind, even if it's not exactly next-level songwriting.

great topic/post!

30STM - Kings and Queens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j73g8JMHOA

The verses here are incredible. Great vocal mix. So many moving parts and it all gels so well. This is the sound I'm trying hard to achieve. Heavy choruses, intimate verses, great room sound, warm pads, etc. Not my favorite song by them, but what a great mix.

Yeah there's a lot going on in that song, lots of ambiance, even some sound effects. Some vocals are way back, some are in your face, that's a cool contrast. Sounds huge and builds momentum as it goes. The track list must have been insane ha

Back