Weed + Music

UK punk was, originally, based on alcohol as they rejected "drugs" as part of the hippy/dinosaur thing but they quickly embraced uppers and then, through Sick Sydney, heroine chic nose dived the people and the music.
Weed makes most people relaxed and they therefore feel creative though the results/product rarely demonstrates this.
If the cognitive process is effected in such a way as reflex actions are delayed and more effort is required for motor processes playing will, no doubt, be impaired rather than enhanced though some people with high active ingredient tolerances may suffer less physical impact.

Hey, it just offers other perspectives from your own point of view. Its not a big magic talent-maker or anything. I just find it fun like playing video games is fun on it, except with art its even cooler because you're accomplishing something. Cool music comes with or without substances.

Lol goddamn you're angry for a pothead.
Stupidity always angers me. Small wonder then that your idiocy is so annoying.

PS little man, pretending for a moment that it's relevant, I haven't gotten high since probably before you were born.

:rolleyes:

Stupidity always angers me. Small wonder then that your idiocy is so annoying.

PS little man, pretending for a moment that it's relevant, I haven't gotten high since probably before you were born.

:rolleyes:

Lol. Congratulations. You're older than me. What an amazing accomplishment. You must be very proud. You know what they say about old people - once an adult, twice a child.

Lol for real.

dinosaur is what the Pistols et al called Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, the prog crew etc. They were, largely, right. Mega bands had become stale & were retreading their stomping ground. Punk scared a few away, spooked a few into trying to punk it up (and they usually failed like Gentle Giant did on this track...) but some others took it for what it was - Townsend and a few others. I didn't stop listening to & buying good stuff by dinosaurs but I did start buying & listening to lots of new stuff.

It's interesting to me how those classic rock dinosaur bands went from being cool and inspiring to becoming just bloated joke versions of themselves. I think that's what first-wave punk bands really rebelled against because many of those early punks liked those dinosaur bands in their earlier hungrier days.

There's a pretty big divide between 50s Elvis and 70s Elvis, or Led Zep 1 and Coda.

dinosaur is what the Pistols et al called Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, the prog crew etc. They were, largely, right. Mega bands had become stale & were retreading their stomping ground. Punk scared a few away, spooked a few into trying to punk it up (and they usually failed like Gentle Giant did on this track...) but some others took it for what it was - Townsend and a few others. I didn't stop listening to & buying good stuff by dinosaurs but I did start buying & listening to lots of new stuff.

Thanks for the explanation, Ray.

A classic example of a "dinasour" becoming bloated and irrelevant is Rod Stewart.

He was a baddass in his early days singing with Jeff Beck, and his own band the Faces.

Later he turned into a Barry Manilow copy.

Maybe as some artists get older they shift focus from making great music to providing a retirement fund.......Maybe.

Rod Stewart definately sold more records being a middle of the road crooner than he ever did being a rocker.

Well, there's also the dynamic where an artist's fans will expect that artist to keep cranking out the same album over and over, and to never evolve or try to sound better. Once said artist starts wanting to make more complex stuff and can afford better players/producers, then the sell-out accusations start rolling in.

Yes, we the fans seem to have an aversion to change. We want the artist that 'we fell in love with'.

So does making assumptions. RayC is one of the more open minded and musically diverse people in here.

Nothing personal against Ray, but his statement is unequivocal. It's one thing to agree with the opinion, which I mostly do, and another to say flat out that they were "right". That kind of thing leads to pointless arguments with no chance of resolution.

Nothing personal against Ray, but his statement is unequivocal. It's one thing to agree with the opinion, which I mostly do, and another to say flat out that they were "right". That kind of thing leads to pointless arguments with no chance of resolution.

Oh so like literally everything else on the internet.

So glad this is just the internet. I would hate to accidentally puff with some of you. What a fucking bummer this site has become.

Back