Want to add some background vocals to a song?

Kelliott79ec

Hey Everyone!

I'm working on a song as a gift for a friend for her wedding anniversary. She wanted the song to have a "praise and worship sound". I would like to add a lot of background vocals to the end to make it sound like a church congregation singing. I was hoping, since I don't have access to a large space to record people in, that I could source some tracks from you fine folks! You can check out the song in the link below. It is the last chorus that I need vocals for (starting at 3:56). There is half of a chorus in G, and then a full chorus after a modulation up to A. They don't have to be very well sung, as imperfections will add realism. It might be fun, and you'll get credit for it when posted to my production website :). If you're interested, let me know on here and I can send you a clip of the song and some lyrics. Thanks so much!!

Link to the song:
https://app.box.com/s/mr8vvwrsp5jet0rngumcdpiqy9fvq11p

Last edited:
I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket so I'm no help that way.

However, on a few occasions when I've needed similar, I've done some Googling and almost always found some kind of choir club or vocal society. Such people are usually really keen to hear themselves recorded--and if you can't get them all in the room at once (or if only a few turn up) I just record the same people several times. I've found that, with multiple voices, I could get away with a room that was imperfect acoustically and that I could use a speaker to provide the group with a monitor feed as long as I was careful to get it in the null point of a cardioid mic.

Thanks for the tips, Bobbsy! I'll see if there are any in my area interested and even if I can't do it in time for this song, it's a great idea for future projects.

Try vocal processor.

I know this is an old thread but nobody did mention any of the vocal processors.
It's very easy to get a choral sound all by you lonesome.

Amazon.com: TC Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-G XT Vocal Effects Processor: Musical Instruments

I use it on damn near everything.
At least the doubling for the chorus.
And very often background vocals.
Pick a key and sing into it and you get harmony.
Load that up with reverb and yer good.

Here's a demo.

Last edited:
Back