Is there a popular song............

"Sitting on Top of the World" is an old blues song that's been covered by a mess of people throughout the years, including Cream and Bob Dylan, though I don't know if it's ever really been a big hit in modern times. (It was written in the 30s I think.)

"Sitting on Top of the World" is an old blues song that's been covered by a mess of people throughout the years, including Cream and Bob Dylan, though I don't know if it's ever really been a big hit in modern times. (It was written in the 30s I think.)
Not the same title. Mine tune's done anyway. "Sitting on the Edge of the World".

The Stiff Little Fingers have a song called "At The Edge", which has that sort of refrain in the lyric: "I'm standing at the edge of the world". Other than that, I can't think of anything. :)

But seriously, I wasn't sure between "Sitting on the EDGE of the world" and "Sitting at the TOP of the world". I think I like the first one better. It has a bit of an edge, (no pun intended). "Top of the World" is a little too fucking happy for my tastes. :D

The first one is better. On the edge of the world is more like a risk, a challange, the possibility to lose something, or win something. On TOP of the world sounds like life is perfect. I personally like to risky sounding one better. ;)

Back