Is there a popular song............

The phrase just popped into my head, but I don't know if it's because I heard it in a tune or not. I don't really care, I'll probably call a song that either way. I'm just curious if there's a current song or recent song that was huge and had that title. I have no idea what's current, so I wouldn't know.

...oh, and before anyone asks...Yes, I did Google the phrase, obviously. I think I saw one or 2 songs with that title by bands I never heard of. But that doesn't mean they're not huge, so I don't know. :)

Either way, sounds like you could run with the concept. At least in my head, from what I've heard of your music and where you could take it.

Either way, sounds like you could run with the concept. At least in my head, from what I've heard of your music and where you could take it.
Hehe...Thanx man, I appreciate that. But stop putting pressure on me, I can't handle it!!!!!!! :D :D :D

But seriously, I wasn't sure between "Sitting on the EDGE of the world" and "Sitting at the TOP of the world". I think I like the first one better. It has a bit of an edge, (no pun intended). "Top of the World" is a little too fucking happy for my tastes. :D

Hehe...Thanx man, I appreciate that. But stop putting pressure on me, I can't handle it!!!!!!! :D :D :D

But seriously, I wasn't sure between "Sitting on the EDGE of the world" and "Sitting at the TOP of the world". I think I like the first one better. It has a bit of an edge, (no pun intended). "Top of the World" is a little too fucking happy for my tastes. :D

Na, I'm with you "edge" sounds more aggressive than "top". Like on the edge with a power fist. At least that is what came to my mind for your style of music.

Pressure, you're only as good as your last hit. Your last one was pretty damn good (maybe not a hit).

Just run with it and don't worry what has and hasn't been done. Completely different songs use the same words/melodies all the time.
Don't seek out those other Sitting-on-the-edge-of-the-world songs right now because they'll color the process or get in the way.

I think you're good Rami, go for it! 'Edge' is better than 'Top' for sure.

'I Believe' is the only song title that the world doesn't need any more of.

Is that an HR challenge, make a song titled "I Believe"? The lot on this board would have as varied tunes as there probably could be in much of the world. This is a rather diversified group. :)

Just run with it and don't worry what has and hasn't been done. Completely different songs use the same words/melodies all the time.
Don't seek out those other Sitting-on-the-edge-of-the-world songs right now because they'll color the process or get in the way.
Yeah, I didn't listen to them, I just was curious if there was a big one. For all I knew, there might have been a number 1 hit being played everywhere for the last 2 years, and I wouldn't have been aware of it.

As I mentioned, I'm not worried:
I don't really care, I'll probably call a song that either way. I'm just curious if there's a current song or recent song that was huge and had that title.

Last edited:
I think you're good Rami, go for it! 'Edge' is better than 'Top' for sure.

Hehe....I agree about "I Believe". Almost as bad as any song title that has "children" in it. Which makes "I beleive the children......" the most puke worthy phrase in music. :D

Hehe....I agree about "I Believe". Almost as bad as any song title that has "children" in it. Which makes "I beleive the children......" the most puke worthy phrase in music. :D

Ha, yeah. You know the Save The Children song on Marvin Gaye's What's Goin On? album? It always cracks me up with the 'let's do it, lets save all the children' line, followed by an enthusiastically belted cry of 'save the babies!'

Is that an HR challenge, make a song titled "I Believe"? The lot on this board would have as varied tunes as there probably could be in much of the world. This is a rather diversified group. :)

I'm not sure I could live with myself knowing that I had contributed to even more 'I Believe's coming into the world if an HR challenge had indirectly resulted from my initial post in this thread... ;)

When I LMGTFY'd it, I got Gavin Mikhail, who I have heard of before, but I don't know that he's famous.

His cover of "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" has 1 million+ views, I guess?

"Fight the Sky" is excellent.

My gut reaction is to sing that title to the tune of "sitting on the dock of the bay"

Nah, it didn't even cross my mind. Tune is finished anyway. I just need to do the drum track for it and mix it. I had the phrase 2 days ago. Wrote the tune and recorded it the last 2 days. Often, you just need that one riff, phrase, beat, etc....and the rest just comes pouring in.

I'm warning you guys, though. It might be the corniest song you've ever heard. :D

Last edited:
Back