soundtrack composition

hakort

Hi composers,
who can and wants to compose a soundtrack ? I am neither a film company nor television nor broadcasting, but a strictly private person only who can afford a certain amount (between 200.- and 300.- Euro / minute) for soundtrack music. It is not my intention to insult any person. So, should anyone be of the opinion that this thread is a shame I should like to ask his/her pardon. I am really a strictly private person in Germany.
Kind regards
hakort

I can and I am willing. I've done a few soundtracks before.

However, I would need to know a bit more about your project. Maybe you could send a PM with more details.

I make classical tracks, but, scoring a whole soundtrack, synched in time to action on a video screen, and synched "in emotion", well... thats all beyond me...

I DO have a number of classical "ditties" that range in length from 1 minute, to several minutes.

a lot of times, people like the intro of a big piece, or the second part... but taken as a whole it falls somewhat short of expectations... but, if you want to rummage around, you might find something pretty you like for "rolling credits", or a 30 second spot you want to pull out to use someplace...

and my feelings would not be hurt if you wanted to run the midi file thru a "higher end" digital instrument... heck, if you liked anything, I might not even want cash... just an assurement of small-print-accreditation somewhere insignificant...

*shrugs* cant hurt to look at it, eh?

I've used your stuff for soundtracks (as you know). It's great music for that. As you note, it's difficult to create a soundtrack for something you haven't seen . . . but I reckon you should go for it.

composition of a soundtrack

Hi everyone who reads this thread.

At first I should like to collect posts for some months. Then I will send those who are of interest to me part of my manuscript so that they can judge whether it is of interest to them. The matter in question is a SciFi endtime thriller. Its title : Mirror Protocol. A radio drama, not a film !!! I will then provide sounds to make clear what I expect to help a composer as far as I can do. Unfortunately I am no musician, but a database administrator. The soundtrack is one of 4 columns that make altogether a good product : soundtrack, logical action, actors (speakers) and recording technic.

So far, so good.

Kind regards
hakort

I don't have much but I think I do have some music in the genre that you are asking for. Click on the link in my sig line. I don't know exactly what you are looking for but I must warn you that I strive for melody harmony rhythm and counterpoint in my music. So if you are looking for sound designs, although I can do them, they are really not my prefered manner of work.

Please enjoy the music. Thank you.

Hakort:

I am a composer with a master's degree in composition and theory. I am just getting into digital recording. I am also an attorney.

My past work is all scored, not in digital format. I have written two ballets, the first scored for solo piano, the second for two pianos, a piano concerto with full orchestral score, a brass quintet, a recorder quartet, a Christmas cantata, miscellaneous pieces for piano, four and five part art songs (SATB & SSATB) solo art songs, a wedding march for organ and numerous other pieces, choral arrangements, etc. I have used finale software for my composition over the last few years.

I was an avid science fiction fan when younger. I would be interested in learning more about your project, including the anticipated length of the program, the amount of music which you believe would be required, any expectations regarding instrumentation, etc. that would be helpful in explaining your goals for the work.

Back