Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Songwriters: Do you still like your music?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by BroKen_H View Post
    What's funny to me: Up until 1991 I never had an original melody run through my head either. . . .
    You think that's funny? I've been writing songs since '68, and I've never had a melody run through my head. Songs perpetually, chords often, melodies never.

But they seem to take care of themselves when I write the songs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmont View Post
    I like my stuff. The challenge is finding anyone else who does!
    Exactly!
    I listen to my songs all the time. They make me smile, if not down right laugh out loud. Being the sole contributor to all my recordings I obviously know what was going on behind the scenes when they were constructed, all the takes it took, the changes made, the nuances put in the songs that only I can pick out. It all adds to my enjoyment when listening to them. Why anyone would get sick of listening to their own songs is beyond me. But as Delmont says, the trick is to get others to want to listen. lol

repomanmusic | ReverbNation

Thanks
    Funny to me: some of the stuff I wrote this year, I've forgotten how to play...In the process of writing 12 songs in a year (12 key parts, strings, acoustics, electrics, basses, drum lines, etc) I've forgotten how I did some of those things (I'm really not that great a guitarist.) I listen to an acoustic part and try to play it and CAN'T... I guess that goes along with having hid my own Easter eggs this year, lol.
    Soundcloud Page
    I don't care about my ego, I care about my mixes--Just say what you mean.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BroKen_H View Post
    Funny to me: some of the stuff I wrote this year, I've forgotten how to play...In the process of writing 12 songs in a year (12 key parts, strings, acoustics, electrics, basses, drum lines, etc) I've forgotten how I did some of those things (I'm really not that great a guitarist.) I listen to an acoustic part and try to play it and CAN'T... I guess that goes along with having hid my own Easter eggs this year, lol.
    ^^^^^ This is me too!! I recently had some people at the house listening to some of my stuff. A couple were musicians and asked me to show them how I played a couple parts. For the life of me it didn't come easily and I felt like an idiot. I used to remember the words and chords and how to play at least 100 cover songs. Now........I have trouble with my own songs!!! Age sucks. By the way.......I still do like pretty much all I've ever written and recorded. The hard part is not going back to re-mix every time I hear an older one.
    Just A Song Writer..........
    www.reverbnation.com/mickster

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickster View Post
    I used to remember the words and chords and how to play at least 100 cover songs. Now........I have trouble with my own songs!!!
    I can remember just about all the hundreds of covers I've played in bands and by myself over the last 25 years, but I can't remember the bridge and lead parts to my own songs. Probably because I just write them on the spot, record them, and that's it.

Thanks
    In answer to the original post question, yes I do.
    I like stuff I've done even from a long time ago. As much as 25 years back. I've come to the conclusion that if I liked and believed in it at the stage of conception, I'd like it down the road as well.
    If it's something I wasn't too excited by in the beginning, I feel the same about now.

I always had this interesting philosophy. There's a lot of people living on this world. If there's something I really, really like, there's gotta be another million that feel the same way. Only problem is finding them Lol.😁

Thanks
    Yes, the songs we practiced 5x per day for a month, placed into practice rotation, and then played in a band every weekend for 4 years are etched. I can still play the bass lines to every Eckman Dredge (Denver band) song we wrote...can even do the guitar line from one...and I don't even have a recording of any of them anymore.
    Soundcloud Page
    I don't care about my ego, I care about my mixes--Just say what you mean.

Thread Information