Silly or Artistic?

This is some proper weird shit.
Totally sounds like modern Deep Purple when the vocal kicks in. Maybe it's also because of the lyrics (Battle rages on...)

I thought that it was going to be a hip hop song when the guns became the percussion. :laughings:

This is some proper weird shit.
Totally sounds like modern Deep Purple when the vocal kicks in. Maybe it's also because of the lyrics (Battle rages on...)

I thought that it was going to be a hip hop song when the guns became the percussion. :laughings:

:) Deep Purple was one of my first and best influences. Ritchie Blackmore, I ain't! The bass and keys were easy. The guitar parts were killing me! At one point I considered piecing the fast runs together one note at a time, but practice practice practice...Now if I could just get Coverdale to do the vocal...:D
The drums, btw are taken directly out of the combat. The carbine that fires at the end comes out of the battle and becomes the snare. One of the explosions gets shortened to be the kick. The hi-hat and cymbals, of course, are hi-hat and cymbals. But the drums are completely placed/programed in the song.
All in all, this has been a lot of fun, but there's some vocals that need redone. There's some mix issues I need to address to get the keys more out front. I think the vocal is a bit too loud, but I don't like my own voice much anymore. (It got old on me :laughings:)

Back