That Rock Sound!

How do I make this sound like rock music??

Well for starters you could try getting rock musicians to play it.. With, ya know, guitars n drums n stuff.

But it's not really a rock song is the problem you'll prolly run into.

Last edited:
Really? This sounded more like click bait

The intitial question being how you can make it more like a rock song, then edited out of your post.
But thanks to the ability to quote, flat feet saved it. :)

Not bad work on the song, but I can't help but think there was a tiny bit of deceptiveness on your part.

One thing that irks me is having to download something on my phone.

Whereas in a soundcloud link, i just click and if i dont like it, close out the page.

Here I downloaded, opened, went WTF, closed it and had to then delete it from my phone.

Seriously, you have some skill to have recorded this, but not enough insight to realize this would never be a 'rock song'?

This is what makes me think click bait
Gotcha! Made you look.

:D

To make this a 'rock song' you would have to perform/record/produce it like a rock song.

Baited...But I had to reply right? :)

Check out BroKen_H here on the forum. He does Christian music with a rock flavor.

He's a good guy too.

Not to hijack the thread. But this is faith based and has some rock to it. You should recognize the words.

Most of the words here come straight out of Ecclesiastes. Once again, not rock, but has a rockin' slant.

Yeah, a rock version would basically require completely different instrumentation: a driving kick snare drum pattern (not side stick), some loud and distorted guitars, some grit on the vocals.

Somebody's trying to start a religious war!
(Also: Pink Floyd's "Money", Soundgarden's "Day I Tried to Live", Rush's "YYZ", Regdar and the Fighters' "Rats in the Walls". You're gonna have a hard time winning this one! :D )

I was looking at something that was talking about Money I think, starts off in 7/4, goes to 4/4 then goes back to 7/4. Do I remember that right?

Yeah, Verse-chorus progression is in 7, and it sounds like the musical interlude (where it speeds up) is in 4.

Back