Qty of songs you are working on ?

Hm, unlike most of the users here, I only usually work on one or two songs at a time. I'm adamant about completing songs that I've started.

Hm, unlike most of the users here, I only usually work on one or two songs at a time. I'm adamant about completing songs that I've started.

Just shows to go, there's no right way. I'm adamant about finishing them, too. But when I first write the song (the ten-to-twenty minute part), it's likely to be full of cliches, not scan very well, and have a lot of chord changes I've used in other songs. It's only by spending weeks or months playing it over and over, rewriting as I go, that it becomes presentable.

Of hundreds, there are only three or four that didn't need lots more work to get there. And making them presentable (a.k.a. finished) is what I'm adamant about.

So if I waited to be done before getting to another song, it would take too long to get to the next song.

One at a time. I don't start another song until I finish the current one. If i lose the idea of a new song while waiting to finish the current one then I guess it wasn't a very strong song.

I do have uncompleted projects. Those either didn't pan out or I got bored with them or I'm waiting on other people (who will probably never come to record their tracks). I don't intend on returnig to those projects.

And then I have not been recording at all lately. Other priorities right now.

Back