Is it okay to write a song about constipation?

I have had it for four days and am so mad about it that I wrote a song to get the rage out.

I never say constipation I just kind of allude to the problem. Is that okay?

Is it OK? It's OK to write about anything under the sun. Will an audience respond favorably? Proly not...unless maybe you find a geriatric demographic...but they don't download a lot of music. That said, a great song is a great song..... However, it would have to be extra great in this particular case...

Crap, i forgot to record this song. Woh, pun.

I wrote the lyrics but need to come up with some music.

So, apologies if this has already been posted. I'm not going through the 5 pages of posts on this to see if someone made this reference. Shame on me, I know.

But, it's a great idea though you're not the first.

I give you the only and only Screamin' Jay Hawkins
You know, he was an incredible boxer too.

Anywho...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic3g8Xnf7LI

There are essentially two kinds of song ideas: Songs that are not ok to write because no one's ever done it, and songs that are not ok to write because someone's already done it.

I've noticed your constipation song hasn't come out yet...:)

that was the best one yet, broken.

the song is called "it won't come out" so maybe the song itself has constipation. maybe the song about constipation should be never actually releasing the song about constipation, so like 3 minutes of silence for that track because the song is constipated. that's like avant garde and meta.

Last edited:
This song should be easy to write, I wouldn't do it cause I don't write about that kind of s**t.

You could start the song off, tense but slow, build up, lots of 80's wanker leads, then stop, sigh, start over. Repeat, wipe and flush in some sort of lost effort sound effect.

EDM style - just push a lot of empty air to a beat. Air, air, huh

Rockabilly - in style of Elvis and Wierd Al, "I'm all stopped up" (In case you don't know Elvis, All Shock up) Should roll right out, but then again ...

Love song - How you long for feeling of going again (like a lost love)

Hip Hop - It might have already been done there

Rap - might be hard to do since so much crap comes out of the genre

Man, get on it, work it out, it just takes a little effort and a lot of fiber

This song should be easy to write, I wouldn't do it cause I don't write about that kind of s**t.

You could start the song off, tense but slow, build up, lots of 80's wanker leads, then stop, sigh, start over. Repeat, wipe and flush in some sort of lost effort sound effect.

EDM style - just push a lot of empty air to a beat. Air, air, huh

Rockabilly - in style of Elvis and Wierd Al, "I'm all stopped up" (In case you don't know Elvis, All Shock up) Should roll right out, but then again ...

Love song - How you long for feeling of going again (like a lost love)

Hip Hop - It might have already been done there

Rap - might be hard to do since so much crap comes out of the genre

Man, get on it, work it out, it just takes a little effort and a lot of fiber

^^This.

Hey - I write a poem about urine entitled "A Bifurcated Stream" which garnered light praised until a urologist came online and explained it. Everyone else thought it was a nice pastoral piece ...

go for it.

Back