Is this not the best song ever?

Resurrect

Since I so callously brushed of FoulPhil's "Best song of all time" I thought I should share the one that I consider to be the best of all time to give him the same opportunity. :D

Everyone has different tastes, but this isn't really my type of stuff. It's ok, but it's not something I consider being really good. I prefer music that's more edgy in any style. And I especially dislike christian music. LOL...

Haha. I guess if you aren't a Christian than lyrics lifted straight from the pages of the Old Testament prophets aren't necessarily gonna connect with u. ;) I just figured it was only fair to share my favorite since I hadn't been that graceful when you'd shared yours. As far as instrumentation, I don't think I have ever heard a more mind blowing job. But that's just my personal opinion.

I have too many to list one favorite. The whole The Word album is one of the best examples of "scored" (for lack of a better term) rock music of it's time.
Also like a lot of what John Elefante did. Ajalon. Glass Hammer...Phil Keaggy? Lots of good stuff out there.

Haha. I guess if you aren't a Christian than lyrics lifted straight from the pages of the Old Testament prophets aren't necessarily gonna connect with u. ;) I just figured it was only fair to share my favorite since I hadn't been that graceful when you'd shared yours. As far as instrumentation, I don't think I have ever heard a more mind blowing job. But that's just my personal opinion.

It's all good man. Supernatural stuff just doesn't do anything for me. Using pages form the old testament prophets wouldn't make it any better. Just seems to me like they were too lame to write their own lyrics LOL. I also thought the whole arrangement of music was mediocre. Not trying to sound harsh or anything. It takes a lot to blow my mind. With the David Allen Coe song I posted in my thread it's not mind blowing to me either. To me it's just good song writing no matter how simple or what ever. I can relate to it. I can have some cold beers and REALLY enjoy it. I like stuff that's like the blues and tells a story that's down to earth and about some real shit. :D

I do like one Christian band though. They are called Mortification. Tell me this isn't awesome!

Michael Card just got smoked by Mortification :listeningmusic:

Interesting, I've now actually know someone (well, as much as you can know one another here) who likes barking vocals and lousy guitar tones played as fast as possible. :)

Only if a neanderthal with a club and a hollow log can smoke a brilliant genius with an entire orchestra and then some at his back. ;)

After listening to this song, I understand their name. I would be mortified if I sounded like that too. jk.

Phil, you remind me of a buddy of mine. He thinks all the stuff I like is rainbows and unicorns, and I think all his stuff is either mindless growls, or lack of talent. :D But we get along just great besides that.

Broken_H, The Word is an incredible Album; I believe the name of Phil Keagy's group way back in the day was Glass Harp; Never listened to John Elefante or Ajalon. (Unless that's supposed to be Avalon. In which case I've heard a little.)

My favorite artists are (in order of ranking): Michael Card, Michael Kelly Blanchard, Lacey Sturm, Flyleaf (before Lacey Sturm left), Skillet, Fireflight, Whiteheart, John Denver, and DCTalk to name a few. But really there are too many that I love to list them all. :)

Only if a neanderthal with a club and a hollow log can smoke a brilliant genius with an entire orchestra and then some at his back. ;)

After listening to this song, I understand their name. I would be mortified if I sounded like that too. jk.

Phil, you remind me of a buddy of mine. He thinks all the stuff I like is rainbows and unicorns, and I think all his stuff is either mindless growls, or lack of talent. :D But we get along just great besides that.

Broken_H, The Word is an incredible Album; I believe the name of Phil Keagy's group way back in the day was Glass Harp; Never listened to John Elefante or Ajalon. (Unless that's supposed to be Avalon. In which case I've heard a little.)

My favorite artists are (in order of ranking): Michael Card, Michael Kelly Blanchard, Lacey Sturm, Flyleaf (before Lacey Sturm left), Skillet, Fireflight, Whiteheart, John Denver, and DCTalk to name a few. But really there are too many that I love to list them all. :)

Word homie. I don't really care what music people like. Everyone has different tastes. I like a little of everything, because I'm really open minded. It can be a shit recording and most definitely does not need an orchestra as long as it's real art. I like guitar music. Music for guitar players... lol :guitar:

OH, Btw, that list of favorite artists was for Broken H's benefit. Because my guess is he's familiar with at least a few of them.

No, I meant Glass Hammer, and Ajalon. Google them sometime. I'm like to listen to prog. It relaxes me when people do (and say) silly things. Can't write the stuff, but I like to relax to it.
Something about a good 5/8 into 7/8 rhythm that relaxes my particular psychoses.

I like and have in the past liked most of your list. Have to Google Michael Kelly Blanchard...but I draw the line at John Denver. Sorry. Too pop for my tastes. Have listened but not learned to enjoy Flyleaf. The rest of the list is some of my list. :)
But my list also includes bluegrass (Thyrd Time Down, 11th Hour) SG (Vicki Yohe, Greater Vision), and a lot of other things. I just choose songs that lift me up and put them in the song list. Genre doesn't matter. If it brings me closer to God and calms me, it's in the list. If it pushes the wrong buttons, I don't want to hear it. Michael Card IS a great example and has several songs in my list.

I listen to anything from jazz to swing to celtic to rock to heavy metal to classical. But I find that the music that really grabs me is somewhere in the "Celtic/Rock/Metal" area. Though, defining genres is kinda hard.

Hmmm ... well .... IMHO I would have to answer "no" to the OP's original question about this tune.

Actually, I would technically answer "yes," because asked a negative question (I don't know why or how that trend started), but I know what you meant.

So ... yes, the song is not the best ever. :)

Of course it's all subjective, but I don't connect with the message, and I found the arrangement/instrumentation to be very .... um ... how to put it ... "white" I suppose. :) It's not that I don't like orchestras/etc., but I just don't care for the "young country" and contemporary Christian production style, which both sound very similar to me. It's just too pristine and pretty for my taste.

Last edited:
Actually, I think the best song of all time is that one the young chick did a few years back.

Friday, was the name? Rebecca Black??

Hey! Universal theme. Who doesnt like the week of toil to be over, and to now be able to have some fun.

:D :D :D

Actually, I think the best song of all time is that one the young chick did a few years back.

Friday, was the name? Rebecca Black??

Hey! Universal theme. Who doesnt like the week of toil to be over, and to now be able to have some fun.

:D :D :D

Dang ... I'd never heard that one.

<sigh> ..... you owe me three minutes of life.

Hmmm ... well .... IMHO I would have to answer "no" to the OP's original question about this tune.

Actually, I would technically answer "yes," because asked a negative question (I don't know why or how that trend started), but I know what you meant.

So ... yes, the song is not the best ever. :)

Of course it's all subjective, but I don't connect with the message, and I found the arrangement/instrumentation to be very .... um ... how to put it ... "white" I suppose. :) It's not that I don't like orchestras/etc., but I just don't care for the "young country" and contemporary Christian production style, which both sound very similar to me. It's just too pristine and pretty for my taste. On a side note, regarding the OT, I'm impressed that you've read it, as I didn't think Christians liked to do that. :) It's hard for me to imagine someone still being a Christian after reading it!

Why did you bump this? You better read the new rules.

Dang ... I'd never heard that one.

<sigh> ..... you owe me three minutes of life.

Haha! You actually looked it up and listened?

I'm sorry. :D

But, by the powers vested in me, I am not in a position, nor authorized to add 3 minutes to your life.
sorry
:D

Last edited:
Back