New Song in the works.

Resurrect

So, It took me about a week to actually get this one finally worked out. This is just a demo recorded using my Windows 8.1 phone and edited a tad using a DAW app. That's why it's not posted in the mixing clinic. Let me know what you think.

Excellent - the progression is great...as in it builds up to the chorus perfectly.
One thing I noticed at the end (might be elsewhere but) the chords you use sound like 5ths or major whereas they may need to be minor chords in spots. Minor point (pardon the pun) but that popped out. Other wise I liked it :D

Excellent - the progression is great...as in it builds up to the chorus perfectly.
One thing I noticed at the end (might be elsewhere but) the chords you use sound like 5ths or major whereas they may need to be minor chords in spots. Minor point (pardon the pun) but that popped out. Other wise I liked it :D

Yes. They are fifths. Power cords played in dropped D tuning. (you know the easy kind you play with one finger? ;) ) it took me a long time to figure out exactly what chords fit, and some of them do need to be minor. You've got a dang good ear! :) and thanks for the kind words!

Cool - I play a few minor type songs but use 5ths too - I'm guessing here but maybe the 5th needs a different shape in drop D. In any case it still sounds great...:D

Back