My lyrics - always looking for composers

Do you play any instruments well? Do you have a setup to record good quality vocals? I've heard your voice, pretty good.

Thank you, Robus.

No, I don't play any instruments, tried it, but felt it wasn't my main asset and I don't have a setup to record quality vocals, I live at a very small place at the moment.

Last edited:
Pop-Rock-Acoustic-Indie-Country-Folk, Trip Hop,....I'm open to many different genres. I have already collaborated with a Swiss artist and have posted that video in another topic.

Since you have a decent singing voice, you should consider investing in a small amount of gear that would allow you to collaborate more easily. At minimum, you would need a good vocal mic, an audio interface, and a DAW (Reaper is an inexpensive, full-featured one). Then you can receive tracks over the internet, load them up in your DAW, record vocals, send the tracks back, etc.

What you are looking for right now is a musician and songwriter who has everything but lyrics, who can compose, arrange, and record backing tracks, create a melody to your lyrics, and sing it. I'm sure those people are out there, and you have found one already. I think you would find many more potential collaborators if you could offer yourself as a vocalist as well. To progress you will need to develop your voice, but you have the raw materials already, a voice that sounds pretty good inherently, and the ability to hear and reproduce pitch.

Thanks, that's indeed something I should consider, though I live in a very small studio at the moment, but that will change in a few months.
I must say: I'm very bad at inventing melodies, I tried it so many times and I've come to a point that I dare to say: it's absolutely not one of your talents. So I got the voice and the lyrics and I'm looking for people to complement me. I think that's what good collaborations are about, knowing your strengths and weaknesses.
Some people tell me: keep trying, but then I will end up with comments like: you have a good voice and good lyrics, but the music and melodies are horrible. It's also something that I don't like doing, maybe because I feel it's not my main asset.

Thanks, that's indeed something I should consider, though I live in a very small studio at the moment,

I find it humorous how you view your living quarters as a studio. :D Even if it would make a horrible studio.

Also, if it's something you don't like doing and don't want to... I would say don't do it.

It's just I want to do what I'm good at and most of all: what I enjoy doing. I'm not a technically skilled person, not good with computers either in general. I'm more the creative type of guy, so for me, it's all about complementing each other.

I find it humorous how you view your living quarters as a studio. :D

I don't think that's what he meant. A "studio apartment" has nothing to do with a recording studio. it usually means a one room apartment.

Back