Looking for feedback on original song

Joshua Antle

Hey i was wondering what do you guys think of this song that me and my buddy wrote. Honest opinions please and any tips or tricks for spreading my music out into the world?

I would like to comment on your song, but in this format it is just too hard to hear and understand. There is so much echo and reverberation that the performance is just to garbled to asses the song. This may be why you did not get any responses. If you have access to a home studio try recording your song there and resubmit with lyrics, maybe then you will get some feedback.

This is wonderful song!! It has a very nice atmospheric feeling to it, reminds of me to France by Mike Oldfield. It also has a Celtic feeling, close to original Corrs and maybe something of Whitesnake, Sailing Ships. Taking a hint from Whiteshake, the vocals in your songshould be recorded better cause it carries a lot in this song and it will gain from better recording. I liked the arrangement with keyboards; all in all, great song. Would like to see a bridge or a chorus a bit different from the rest of the song if is it possible, kind of emotional eruption cause otherwise it stays calm for the whole song.

I echo the comments made by illsidgus . . . the sound is too undefined to hear the lyrics or detect any subtleties.

From what I could hear, it didn't sound much different to the many songs of that genre, and there was nothing particularly remarkable or original about it.

Edit: But I have to concede that I was a bit biassed against it from the start because the video was in portrait, instead of landscape, format. If nature had intended us to watch video this way, we would have evolved with eyes on top of each other, not side by side.

If nature had intended us to watch video this way, we would have evolved with eyes on top of each other, not side by side.

:laughings: It's comedy night at HR.com!

Really, though...sit down and record some guitar parts and a vocal on top so we can actually hear it. We'd love to give honest feedback, but we need something to work with.

Back