Let's do a song poem

easlern

Boredom artist
Hi all, been reading about these services that used to (still do?) exist where a "musical sweatshop" would place an ad in a newspaper asking for "song poems" and a bit of "seed money" to make a record. Customers would send their amateur lyrics and some cash to the recording service and the recording service would crank out songs with those lyrics, supposedly up to 50 a day. Then they'd press a few records and mail them back to the customer, ostensibly as a limited run for a publishing deal that of course would never happen. You can read more about song poems here: What is this "song-poem"?

I'm wondering what ridiculous lyrics people here might come up with that I can set to music in as little time as possible, as an experiment. No seed money required. ;) Just post enough for a couple verses and a chorus and I'll try to cobble them into a song this weekend. Maybe if more than one person replies I'll mix and match.

If I don't happen to get any responses I'll probably just do something set to public domain poetry again. . .

Back