I uploaded songs on Soundcloud. I want to know your opinions :)

I actually like the songs. I think they would really shine with a more polished recording along with drums, bass and other instruments. I like your voice as well. It seems like you have a nice range and a good falsetto too. I think the only thing holding back your songs is the recording quality. One of the most important things about recording is to not get any kind of unwanted background noise. Being in the Philippines, I'm curious what English speaking bands do you listen to?

I actually like the songs. I think they would really shine with a more polished recording along with drums, bass and other instruments. I like your voice as well. It seems like you have a nice range and a good falsetto too. I think the only thing holding back your songs is the recording quality. One of the most important things about recording is to not get any kind of unwanted background noise. Being in the Philippines, I'm curious what English speaking bands do you listen to?

Hey, thank you! That was a really sweet compliment. And yeah, I wish I have the money to record my stuff on a recording studio, because I really want my songs to have a cleaner production. To be honest, I don't really listen to that much Filipino bands! Lol. I listen to a lot of rock and indie stuff. I love Liz Phair (her Exile In Guyville album is my favorite album of all time) , Alanis Morissette, PJ Harvey, Weezer, Jawbreaker, Courtney Barnett, The Rolling Stones and The Strokes. But I pretty much listen to every music genre out there.

I'll second the notion that what you have are the seeds of some really great songs, you just need the orchestration and production. I can hear the possibilities of light alternative or maybe even downtempo types of instrumentation. Keep it up!

Very, very nice!
iPhones have MusicMemo apps which lets you momentarily add bass and drums to your raw recordings.
From all songs, I like most Faceless start. It got great melody and rhythm, a very catchy melody!

I'll second the notion that what you have are the seeds of some really great songs, you just need the orchestration and production. I can hear the possibilities of light alternative or maybe even downtempo types of instrumentation. Keep it up!

Thank you so much. I'm a really broke college guy who does not have a single cent to pay to record my songs on a recording studio. I wish I could, though.

Very, very nice!
iPhones have MusicMemo apps which lets you momentarily add bass and drums to your raw recordings.
From all songs, I like most Faceless start. It got great melody and rhythm, a very catchy melody!

Well thanks for the recommendation! I would check that app out. Thank you for your compliments.

Back