Feedback on my new tune, please

Todzilla

Angry protest power pop.

All me on the recording. Phony manually programmed drums, otherwise all real. Quick and dirty, and subject to re-arranging.

Feedback welcomed!

Lyrics:

Got an orangutan toad with nuclear codes
and I don't understand it at all
He's got kerosene, a match and I can't detach
I'm drinking fortified wine nearly all of the time
'cause I don't understand it at all
I'm taking multi-colored pills to convince me to chill
'cause I don't understand it at all

I don't understand a f*cking thing
I'm totally clueless
Now I'm falling down fast
And I'm flabbergasted

They got a hot strip search if you're in the wrong church
Scientific fact has been ransacked
Now they're building a wall about 20 feet tall
Two thousand miles long, built Mexican strong

Now Jesus hates gays and I'm caught in a haze
That I don't understand at all
They're gonna make me a wreck when they outlaw sex
We're allergic to gluten, not Vladimir Putin
With a nuclear glow, let the towelheads know
that we don't understand them at all.

Hi Mate....I like this tune! Nice powerful guitar and good vocals. I had to chew over the Orangutan Toad line for a few moments before the reference dawned on me :P now it makes so much sense.

If I have to be completely critical the one thing with the lyrics that I might tweak would be the 'fucking' in the chorus. I don't know why, feels unnecessary to me but that's probably just my sensitive ears and can be ignored :P ...Could change it to "I don't understand a single thing" ...meh or is that lame?

All in all though top work, nice style, guitars and singing and topical!! Good work :)

What are the drums done with? They sound really distorted, and cymbals are very unnatural.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!!

If I have to be completely critical the one thing with the lyrics that I might tweak would be the 'fucking' in the chorus. I don't know why, feels unnecessary to me but that's probably just my sensitive ears and can be ignored :P ...Could change it to "I don't understand a single thing" ...meh or is that lame?

It's not lame, but my feelings for the Orangutan Toad in Chief cannot be adequately expressed without cursing. Is that lame?

What are the drums done with? They sound really distorted, and cymbals are very unnatural.

Drums are NI Studio Drummer, put through Rocket compressor (1176 emulator) with lots of compression and harmonic distortion. I'll prolly substitute real drums, although those fake ones rock in a way I like, even if the programming is rudimentary.

Todd,

Cool tune. Love your voice. The verse is very catchy and I like the harmony in the putin line. If it were mine, and it's not but if it were, I would add some harmony to the first line of the chorus. Also I could hear the "I don't understand" line repeating at the end and building up to the "f*cking thing" one last time. Again, just some thoughts. I really like it though.

Tony

Todd,

Cool tune. Love your voice. The verse is very catchy and I like the harmony in the putin line. If it were mine, and it's not but if it were, I would add some harmony to the first line of the chorus. Also I could hear the "I don't understand" line repeating at the end and building up to the "f*cking thing" one last time. Again, just some thoughts. I really like it though.

Tony

Thanks Turtle!

I think I hear where you're going. I may do some experimenting along those lines.

Back