eCO

BroKen_H

Re-member
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes:

Tried to use the eCO system, and maybe I'm just stupid, but I think I threw away my money.
Submitted 5 songs. Uploaded the originals. Waited. About a month later they sent me a form, having something to do with masters. I couldn't figure out how to answer about 90% of the questions, so I filled in what I could. Wrote "I uploaded copies of the masters" on the bottom of the sheet.
Got e-mails and voice messages (how do they voice message without you receiving a phone call?) that were completely unintelligible. Tried to answer them back but had forgotten my login and just figured it out this morning. Logged on and found out all my cases are closed. No other info available.
I know there are several on this board that use the eCO system. Can you teach this old dog (bear) a new trick? How in the world do you use their nightmare of a website to get your copyrights?

It's been a while since I've done a copyright, but if I recall correctly the correct way to answer almost every question is with the "I did this myself" option. (e.g. It's not work for hire, there are no collaborators, etc. Unless you actually did have collaborators...)

Yeah, cost me extra because one of the songs had lyrics by my buddy Dan Harris. And I'm still not sure if I've received copyright on any of the songs...

Login to the system, you shoudl be able to look up the status of any open/pending requests. You would have had to do the one with your friends as a separate entry - so $35 for that one, $35 for all the others that only you wrote.

Yes, they all show closed, and it was $55 for the one...When I click on the "click here for more information." It just gives me the same information.

If it shows 'closed' you should be all set. the actual mailed certificates can take a few months to arrive.

Awesome. Wonder why their people just couldn't say that instead of asking for case numbers and such...

Back