Composition Feedback & Ideas

PianoCube

Hi Guys,

This is a composition that I'm currently working on. It's a minimalist ambient track with synths, piano, harp, glass organ and bottle. It's a mix of Midi and live instruments and I'd appreciate anyone who has the time to have a listen and let me know their thoughts on it.

I'd like to rework it and play in the live instruments, with an acoustic guitar replacing the harp, but I also think it's a little bit dead around the middle. I was thinking of adding a time stretched Glockenspiel or recording a wider range of glass organ notes to develop the opening idea but I'd be interested in any ideas. Probably the weirder the better so I can have some fun with the piece. Many thanks in advance.

https://soundcloud.com/robburnley/lazy-sunset

Hey man,

I like the concept.

* At 2.22 you utilize a certain jump of scale - I like the idea but I think you should pay some more attention to how you could manifest this.
* There is a certain low pan-flute type of sound mid-way through -> watch out for zooming frequencies between about 250 to 1000 Hz.
* I like the fact there is still a lot of room in the soundscape, and I would def. try out lower piano chord-hits to support your upper piano melody line.
* Keep a lot of room in the piece, don't fill it up too much - imo - as the space gives it a nice and gentle feel.

Hey man, thanks for listening.

Some good points, I'll go back to the project and see what I can come up with. The pan-flute sound is me blowing into a bottle with varying water levels for pitch, I sampled the whole range but could do with re-recording for a nicer more even sound.

Back