Collaboration, anyone?

dmytrel

Hey guys!

First off, I love these forums, and I wish I had found them earlier. But better late than never :)

And apologies if this is in the wrong thread - it seemed like the best fit.

I wanted to throw it out there. I play funk/jazz bass, keys (Rhodes and synth), and guitar. I have a drum machine I use as well.

But sometimes, I just want to lay down a bass track, or some keys, and have someone else's musical input. Also, since I don't sing or write lyrics, it'd be fun to have that component in my music.

If anyone wants to collaborate just send me a PM.

My recordings start pretty much unplanned, with a drumbeat, then some bass, then adding flourish with other instruments. So I don't really write songs, I just play them out.

This is the type of stuff I generally play. Toon Mint is more funk-focused and Distress Call is, I dunno, kinda more laid back.

Let me know if anyone wants to start a project!

There isn't really a great section specifically for looking for collaborators.
Assuming someone does want to collaborate, it'll probably end up in the mp3 clinic, which might actually be a good place to start. Listen to some songs; find someone whose style you like; and PM to ask if they want you on their next track.

You could also potentially grab a likely-seeming track from the mix-this forum and remix it with your own parts. (Maybe PM the author first to make sure you won't ruffle any feathers)

And in general, as you keep reading and posting, you'll find people whose style you like and you might want to work with.

Good luck!

Back