Can someone identify what genre my music is?

anggixxoo

I've been so hard trying to identify what genre my songs are.... i've made serveral original songs and i think some of them sounds completely different than one another. i'd like to stick with one genre but it's hard..

here's some:

Attentionwhorecore

do you have any problem with me? i was asking people to help identify my genre so i can put it in my biography for my website. why do people like you have to come in acting like a complete douchebag for no goddamn reason?

do you have any problem with me? i was asking people to help identify my genre so i can put it in my biography for my website. why do people like you have to come in acting like a complete douchebag for no goddamn reason?

It's just a fun hobby.

Singer/songwriter.

Greg's blunt and pretty tactless sometimes. He heckles a lot of newbies. You can safely ignore it tho. (unless he's telling you how to fix your drums; then he definitely knows what he's doing)

Also, attentionwhorrorcore is a rap subgenre, greg. :D

Singer/songwriter.

Greg's blunt and pretty tactless sometimes. He heckles a lot of newbies. You can safely ignore it tho. (unless he's telling you how to fix your drums; then he definitely knows what he's doing)

Also, attentionwhorrorcore is a rap subgenre, greg. :D

hahaha okay thanks!

are you sure?i wanna put it in my bio but i don't think easy listening is common enough for people to understand, do you think it sounds indie?

Honestly it sounds like "indie" is the response you want to hear.
But you know, if you want to call yourself indie, just go ahead and do it. It doesn't matter what you call yourself.

And am I alone in thinking "indie" doesn't really describe anything any more?

Honestly it sounds like "indie" is the response you want to hear.
But you know, if you want to call yourself indie, just go ahead and do it. It doesn't matter what you call yourself.

And am I alone in thinking "indie" doesn't really describe anything any more?

no, i wanna make my music sound indie/pop cause i love that genre. and im pretty sure i can't call myself indie if i sing pop or rock, lol. and i think indie still describes a lot of artists like lorde, ben howard, lenka, monsters & men, daughter.. there's bunch

How about just labeling it as your music and let other people define it as they so wish. Does it matter?

How about just labeling it as your music and let other people define it as they so wish. Does it matter?

Yep, this. Your music is going to sound like you regardless of whatever cookie-cutter trend you try to emulate.
Embrace the things that make you different.

Yep, this. Your music is going to sound like you regardless of whatever cookie-cutter trend you try to emulate.
Embrace the things that make you different.

I don't mind people to label my music as however, but I need it to put it down on my bio on my profile. also, the main thing is it's hard to do promotion (like side ads.. like "listen to this pop singer yadiyadayada") so i can target the precise listener who is interested on that specific genre of music (i wouldn't wanna target someone who loves listening to gospel, or classic music)

I need it to put it down on my bio on my profile. also, the main thing is it's hard to do promotion (like side ads.. like "listen to this pop singer yadiyadayada") so i can target the precise listener who is interested on that specific genre of music

It does matter when you're trying to trick people into hearing it.

Two ways of saying the same thing. :D

But yeah, describing your music in a coherent and accurate way is pretty important if you really want to promote your music.

Back