Can someone identify what genre my music is?

[...] also, the main thing is it's hard to do promotion (like side ads.. like "listen to this pop singer yadiyadayada") so i can target the precise listener who is interested on that specific genre of music (i wouldn't wanna target someone who loves listening to gospel, or classic music)

Also, what you're calling "indie" would be a lot more exciting if y'all concentrated more on making great music than marketing yourself and trying to get "out there". But whatever, it's not like you'll ever come back and read this. Good luck in the "business".

well to me in this song I remixed of yours https://soundcloud.com/alan-k-1/this-story you sound Acoustic Indie Pop... Also Indie isn`t really a genre as it is many different styles since Indie is just short for Independent meaning no Record Label.

Well, pop just means popular music, but it has come to mean something else. And indie doesn't mean no record label, it means independent record labels.

Yeah, the term "indie" has evolved a lot over the years. It does vaguely define a genre these days though.

Angglxxoo.....

Early garage band Pop. They (record companies) used to call it 'Indy" as in "indefinable" or, "independent". You're actually a product of your influences so, who ever was (is) the most impressionable in your music world usually bears the most impact on your music creativity. That said, why do you care what genre your music is? These songs are all a little different from each other but not enough to classify them as eclectic or out from any one specific genre. What's important to me as an artist is that no matter what genre it is, people love it and they want to hear more. Your music is either lovable, mediocre or terrible. Regardless of genre, focus on your gift. Not on the genre. BTW Angglxxoo, I happen to like all three of these songs for their honesty and simplicity.

This is the kind of music I hear a lot on TV adverts...maybe it's just a UK thing, that does give it some commercial potential with the right publishing deal.

Before you go to market, you might want to fix your mixes. First and third are WAY bass heavy and muddy. Almost like they were mixed in an untreated room.
Agree that the voice is talented. But that will only get you so far. A good mix would make these songs wonderful. :)
So, in response to the actual question: Indie acoustic pop is the genre I've seen in these posts that best describes you. So here's to Alkie :drunk:

I would say Indie Folk or just Indie. Reminds me a bit of Bon Iver or Half Moon Run. Although, I agree with fat_fleet that indie doesn't specifically describe anything anymore because its been used to describe so many different types of music. Maybe leaning more towards Folk? Anyhow, good stuff. Keep it up.

I don't know what I would call myself either. Don't even really care. I would guess something like FolkRock is what I would call my genre, but I just make music. Don't worry about it. The best artists never confine themselves to a particular genre. (That isn't saying that I'm one if "the best" :) )

Back