What do you think about my voice / video ?

MandyMelody

Hello,
My name is Mandy and i'm new on this forum.
I really like singing and would love to make youtube videos.
In the past few days i recorded my first cover.
I'm a little bit insecure about my voice, so i was wondering if
you could give me some feedback / advice.
This is the youtube link : youtube.com/watch?v=hF8PCriRjos

LINK

I'm really curious about what you guys think of my cover.

Mandy

Last edited by a moderator:
Voice is great. Sounds like you are either running out of air when you are singing in your lower register or you are trying to add a vibrato that isn't natural. Either way sustaining the note cleanly would sound better in my opinion.

You sing beautifully, keep it up

Hello,
My name is Mandy and i'm new on this forum.
I really like singing and would love to make youtube videos.
In the past few days i recorded my first cover.
I'm a little bit insecure about my voice, so i was wondering if
you could give me some feedback / advice.
This is the youtube link : youtube.com/watch?v=hF8PCriRjos

I'm really curious about what you guys think of my cover.

Mandy

A wonderful softness in the character of your voice. A few times I noticed some flat notes, but you seem to recover from that with whatever it is that makes you shine in the video. Seems you and the camera have a good working relationship. :)

Look forward to hearing more here, but I am sure someone is going to scoop you up quickly. Best to you and your career. :D

You have a nice instrument, but it sounds as though you only are using a small portion of it, especially in the lower pitches. The goal is to use more air but stay focused on keeping a clear sound. It's a bit breathy, and it works for this song, but I think you need to work on other options so that you have more expressive capabilities. I think from this recording that you would need to work on your breathing and breath support as you try to sing with more volume.

Good gentle voice. Some notes flat. Something that was distracting at the beginning was your background vocals ..I would prefer them to be a little tighter with you rhythmically. Other than that not an awful performance.

I think some of the guys on here are probably being distracted by the video and not being quite so honest about the vocals. It's quite weak and pitchy. But keep practising, everybody has to start somewhere, and there is potential.

I really like your voice. I think it has a good quality to it. Yes, maybe a bit pitchy at times, but like I said, awesome tone. I would love to hear more!

Back