Voice Track uneven volume

Muka

Hi,
I'm very new to home recording and I'm not sure if this topic was discussed in earlier thread.
I am recording my voice to be used with Karaoke track but during the mix down the volume of the voice track is very uneven. Some part is very high and some is very low. I guess this is because I do not have the technique to control my voice and probably mic (SM58) is moving around in my hand. I am not comfortable using mic stand.
Is there any way to control this during the mix down? I've heard of compressor/limiter but I'm not sure if this will do the trick. I'm using Magix Music for my recording and mix down. Can someone please give me some tips on how to get the voice at one level? I'm also using the Reverb and because the voice level is so uneven, the reverb sound very bad.
Thanks for any help

Not familiar with Magix Music, but most DAWs allow you to automate the volume (ie turn it up or down as needed and save those settings for subsequent playback).

Hi,
I'm very new to home recording and I'm not sure if this topic was discussed in earlier thread.
I am recording my voice to be used with Karaoke track but during the mix down the volume of the voice track is very uneven. Some part is very high and some is very low. I guess this is because I do not have the technique to control my voice and probably mic (SM58) is moving around in my hand. I am not comfortable using mic stand.
Is there any way to control this during the mix down? I've heard of compressor/limiter but I'm not sure if this will do the trick. I'm using Magix Music for my recording and mix down. Can someone please give me some tips on how to get the voice at one level? I'm also using the Reverb and because the voice level is so uneven, the reverb sound very bad.
Thanks for any help

There are many things you can do to level the vocals. I tried to download demo of the software you are using-and holy crap that is a scary thing. Adding toolbars and performance checking software? Hell no! I hope you have a legit anti-virus program on your computer.

Anyway, I am not sure what Magix has to offer but there hopefully is a way to slice audio and adjust the gain at certain points. A compressor is good for small increments but not always the best.

It would help if you posted a sample of the mix in question so we can hear what it is you are having issue with.

Oh yeah, :)

Back