Thinking Out Loud (Cover)

You've got a very versatile voice. Good breath control. You hit ways a little sharp at "mysterious ways" and a couple other places had some pitchiness. Man, if the people going through pro studios sang as well as you do, there'd be a lot less pitch correction going on in the biz right now.

You've got a very versatile voice. Good breath control. You hit ways a little sharp at "mysterious ways" and a couple other places had some pitchiness. Man, if the people going through pro studios sang as well as you do, there'd be a lot less pitch correction going on in the biz right now.

Haha, why thank you! :) I've never used any pitch correction (I wouldn't know how to use it anyway), so I've focused on improving breath control to try and compensate. I imagine that if I ever did make my way into someone's studio though that I would make their life a lot easier. :p

That's the problem. Good pitch control (when it's done right) is hard to tell. So all the major acts are using it. They don't have to practice to meticulous perfection, and then when they sing live, they end up lip-syncing because they really can't sing their own songs...I thought it was funny when Elton suggested shooting them (well, I guess he was off at Madonna specifically :).

I think you have really excellent pitch and breath control, the only slight critisism is the production style and I sometimes feel it's a bit too distorted sounding, but as a singing performance, really great man, well done.

Back