Some feedback on my singing?

Trazy

https://soundcloud.com/crazytracy-liu/impossible

I only ever practised at home so there might be lots of things I'm doing wrong. But still appreciate a lot if you would try and give me some comments and critiques so that I can work on it.

THX!

You´ve got a pleasant tone. I would say to take some classes in order to brush up your breathing, using the diaphragma and the whole nine yards regarding the clear spelling and the reaching of the correct notes and all.

Using a good gear to record would improve as well to notice little things to brush up as well.

I see you sing some folk music with that sweet tone. Something like Devon Sproule. Check her out, she is a good reference to start up regarding these soft songs and all :thumbs up:

Devon Sproule - Plea for a Good Night's Rest - YouTube

Pitch is your main weakness, and in all fairness, singing a capella is not easy. Try singing with a karaoke track behind you, might help
you alot. As far as improving your pitch, get a recording of somebody playing scales on piano, a simple major scale and minor scale up and down.

And practice singing the notes of the scale, and listening to see if your note matches the note being played, if it doesnt, keep singing that note until
you are in unison(the same) as the note being played.

The tone is not bad, but the pitch needs work, can be done with practice!

Pitch is your main weakness, and in all fairness, singing a capella is not easy. Try singing with a karaoke track behind you, might help
you alot. As far as improving your pitch, get a recording of somebody playing scales on piano, a simple major scale and minor scale up and down.

And practice singing the notes of the scale, and listening to see if your note matches the note being played, if it doesnt, keep singing that note until
you are in unison(the same) as the note being played.

The tone is not bad, but the pitch needs work, can be done with practice!

If you are working with a DAW (Recording Software) that has MIDI, you could probably use a MIDI track with a Piano VST (instrument) and draw in the scale (create notes) that you want to practice with.

This is a really good idea to become better at pitch control and knowing what is the correct pitch while singing. It is harder to tell while your singing, so recording it and then listening is really good practical advice for improvement.

Why you are not doing this as a link?

Any why, sound very nice, keep up the good work :)

I hadn't posted over 10 posts while I was asking this question so the forum didn't let me post it as a link. Sorry for the inconvenience
And I'm glad you think it sounds nice! :D First compliment I've ever got!

You sing ok for a beginner, but you need to practice some more. And if you're at all serious, please record with a backup track and make it loud enough so we can hear it.

Back