please provide feedback to my singing

Its hard to judge your vocals without any instrumentals. But I do have to comment, I love your tonal quality. Sounds like one of those you hear on voice overs in commercials. ��

Thank you. I will find an acoustic version. I also sing this song in a country music style but thought I would just post a straight version. Thanks again for the feedback.

Singing without accompaniment can be very tricky. One of the tricky things is maintaining pitch the whole way through. Round about 49 seconds in you seem to change key, and then again around 1.44 the same.

There seems to be an inconsistency in pitching within the key as well, for example at the end of the song.

However, these need not be obstacles. It may simply be the absence of pitch references, and if you sang to a backing all these pitchy things might disappear.

Your voice has a good pleasing quality to it. It sounds well suited to ballads, and maybe even swing songs. Best of luck with it

Thank you. Never thought about doing swing music...I'll give it a try. I listened to the spots you mentioned and agree that without music there is not a reference to why such a chance occurs. In my next post i will be sure to sing to a track.

Thanks again.

What's with the door?

I disagree with the other posters in that I think you should be able to sing in key, unaccompanied, all the way through a song without suddenly changing. There should be something in your head telling you you're moving key. That you're not even aware that you did it until it was pointed out to me says you have a way to go and need to do lots more singing.

Don't waste your time making YouTube videos of your door... record the same song into DAW software, find a tune / pitch plug in and look at what you're doing with tye overall pitch/key and when.

Your tone is pleasant. Not my type of voice or song, but it'll be fine.

@ Armistice. Thanks. I used the door for two reasons...1 for my phone to catch a little reverb of my voice. 2 So people would focus on the sound of my voice and not my ugly face as I sing...Like the show "The Voice".
Thanks for the feedback as I have been a singer for years and will get the tools you recommend to help in future posts for judgment. I do sing in a variety of styles since I have a very large vocal range (bass to very high tenor). Again, I appreciate your feedback as it will make future posts better.

Cheers!

@ Armistice. Thanks. I used the door for two reasons...1 for my phone to catch a little reverb of my voice. 2 So people would focus on the sound of my voice and not my ugly face as I sing...Like the show "The Voice".
Thanks for the feedback as I have been a singer for years and will get the tools you recommend to help in future posts for judgment. I do sing in a variety of styles since I have a very large vocal range (bass to very high tenor). Again, I appreciate your feedback as it will make future posts better.

Cheers!

Try the bathroom... but I don't want to hear any flushing in the background... ;)

Hah! Don't try the bathroom. I've yet to hear a decent reverb from a bathroom. Whenever it's used, people are like,"did you sing this in the bathroom?". They are not like, "wow, your voice sounds good."

And the door is not doing anything for you either.

But you know what? It doesn't matter. People who are not good singers or are insecure singers use reverb to disguise their real or perceived inadequacies.

In reality, you can tell whether a singer has got anything to offer in the first fifteen seconds or so.

You have a good voice which maybe needs a little bit of coaching. There's no need to hide it nor your face.

dont doubt yourself . You can sing. Def. Go for it and put some stuff up.. covers maybe some originals... youtube soundcloud... talent is there...
now all you need is the drive... much respect and luck
bonnie legion
www.bonnielegion.com

Back