Please be the judge for my singing !

AyaiZafri

Let me introduce myself, I am Ayai Zafri. I'm from Malaysia and my hobby is to play music. So posting music cover on youtube is one of my thing..

I want you guys to be the judge of my latest video, I sang Stay With Me by Sam Smith. Give me your honest opinion and tell me how can I improve it...

So, here it is ..

If you like, please share this to your friends cause it helped me alot.. thank you:)

Do follow my twitter : @ayaizafri

My youtube account : www.youtube.com/ayaihere

Bumping isn't necessary here. It's a slow moving board. If people don't leave a comment, they just can't be arsed.

You can hold a tune decently well.
You have a lisp that is definitely noticeable and would require a lot of de-essing to counterbalance.

Bumping isn't necessary here. It's a slow moving board. If people don't leave a comment, they just can't be arsed.

You can hold a tune decently well.
You have a lisp that is definitely noticeable and would require a lot of de-essing to counterbalance.
Oke sorry .... Thanks scwarzenyaeger for the comment. I really really appreciate it. Thank you...

I did not put any deessing when mixing. Dont know how to use it... What would it sounds like if I apply some of it?

Give me your honest opinion, is it good or bad?

It sounds fine.
But I wouldn't record you on something I was creating since you have a lisp. It would take a lot of de-essing to get that all out and even then it might be too much.

Work on your pronunciation.

De-essing dampens the frequencies around the "s" sound (something from 5-7k Hz). It's basically a compressor for a specific EQ band.
It would make the sound less bright and take out some of the lispy-ness.

As Schwarzenyaeger said, it sounds fine, you have a decent voice and you can carry a tune. I am guessing that english is a second, third, or maybe even fourth language for you. If you enjoy recording english language songs for YouTube I would recommend working on your english. Work on pronunciation and articulation, it could only help. I don't know but the heavy sibilance could be and artifact of your native language, if it is then working on your english may help eliminate some of it.

Keep up the good work and lots of luck to you.

It sounds fine.
But I wouldn't record you on something I was creating since you have a lisp. It would take a lot of de-essing to get that all out and even then it might be too much.

Work on your pronunciation.

De-essing dampens the frequencies around the "s" sound (something from 5-7k Hz). It's basically a compressor for a specific EQ band.
It would make the sound less bright and take out some of the lispy-ness.
I've tried deessing recently and I think I need to learn more about it.

As Schwarzenyaeger said, it sounds fine, you have a decent voice and you can carry a tune. I am guessing that english is a second, third, or maybe even fourth language for you. If you enjoy recording english language songs for YouTube I would recommend working on your english. Work on pronunciation and articulation, it could only help. I don't know but the heavy sibilance could be and artifact of your native language, if it is then working on your english may help eliminate some of it.

Keep up the good work and lots of luck to you.
Yeaaa, English is my second language.. So maybe thats the reason why my pronunciation so terrible.. I will try work on it :) . Thank you ^_^

---------- Update ----------

Just as mentioned above, you can definitely carry a tune)
What can carry a tune really means :) ?

Speaking of deesing, sometimes just using a different microphone helps a lot. Then again, you might want to consult with an experience sound producer/engineer on that subject.

Speaking of deesing, sometimes just using a different microphone helps a lot. Then again, you might want to consult with an experience sound producer/engineer on that subject.
I'v learn deessing but I still can't Understand it.. hahaha

---------- Update ----------

Carry a tune means that you can hit the notes and the emotional feel of a song. Something along those lines.
Ouhhh, Thank you !

You know if you type the word de-essing in a site called 'youtube', you can learn a lot. :)
Here is one video from the above method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agaPwlgSQao

Watch couple of videos, try it out, and then asks questions.

You can sing very well. Check where your tongue placement is. Usually it should be resting, touching the bottom of the lower front teeth. If you are serious, maybe talk to a speech therapist. If you only have the lisp when singing English, I think you could easily fix it.

I thought this was pretty good!

If anything, I felt that the backtrack was louder than your vocals during the verses, but other than that I enjoyed it.
Also, your accent is noticeable, but I didn't think it was too bad personally.

Back