Is my voice good for rapping?

kidmoney

I just started about a week ago.

Lyrically speaking I can manage.

However I just really hate my voice, it might just be that I'm over analytical and critical towards myself but thats why i'm asking.

Soundcloud = Kidmoney.

Well yeah.
//soundcloud.com/idmoney18/realist

I know jack all about rap, but the voice sounded fine to me. It sounded kinda flat compared to the beat (not flat as in pitch). Maybe try double tracking your vocals or looking up how rap vocals are recorded/mixed.

I know jack all about rap, but the voice sounded fine to me. It sounded kinda flat compared to the beat (not flat as in pitch). Maybe try double tracking your vocals or looking up how rap vocals are recorded/mixed.
Thanx man, that was just me in my computer with little experience lol.

Just me.Thanx though.

I'm no expert on Rap - probably my most hated type of music, but - although I really hated it, your voice doesn't sound wrong - and to me as an absolute Rap detester, it annoys me just as much as every other rap tune I hear. So I guess it turns your worry into a positive. If your voice was wrong, then it would have jumped out to me, even more - so I reckon you should look upon this as a success. To me, a total non-expert, it sounds the same as other stuff I occasionally have to endure.

Looks like you've got a handle on the style, and your voice works.

Back