Manson Cover

besthellbunny

Hello Everyone,

A while back I posted an acapella version of Marilyn Manson's "Minute of Decay" that I linked here on the forum, and the feedback was a bit lacking as a lot of people wanted to hear the music that would accompany the vox. I originally sang over the original, but due to copyright, I could not post it on my Soundcloud where I post all my stuff for vocal/music critique. So, in an effort to try again, I made a full cover of the song myself.

I did everything from scratch in Cubase, and, I am not a musician, so, I apologize for notes that are not perfectly timed and executed, please bear with me I have no formal training and I am a noob (and I wouldn't say that the music part is quite finished, but almost there).

Here is the link if you can take a listen I would appreciate it:

As this is a work in progress, I am asking for your critique please so I can try to sharpen the mix up for the final cut. What in specific could use work? Should I lay off the reverb/delay which seems to be an addiction of mine? Did it completely suck?!! Haha. Thanks for checking it out.

Thanks!

I've got to tell you, I'm a little disappointed... when I saw "Manson Cover" I thought it was going to be one of those wacky Charles Manson songs that are floating around, like "Garbage Dump". As for your song, I think you hit the nail on the head with the delay/reverb thing. I tend to go back and forth between using delay and reverb and not using them, myself... when I don't use it, I think I need it, and when I do use it, I think it sucks. Quite a conundrum. It's like a microcosm of life itself!

I am not a fan of this type of music, but the sound is pretty good. Take that for what it's worth coming from a rank amateur. :)

Back