Looking for collaborators

StinkyDog

I'm in a somewhat 'uninspired' stage of my musical 'career'... at present I am not gigging in a live band (too many family / scheduling constraints right now). I enjoy working in my DAW/home studio, but I never seem to finish any projects because I'm a terrible singer (chronic respiratory problems have made it physically difficult for me). So I'd like to find a vocalist(s) to collaborate with.

I've got fairly 'wide' ears, but would like to stick somewhere in the pop/rock world for this project. Maybe something with influences from other genres - hiphop, electronica, acoustic/singer-songwriter, jazz, funk, disco, alt country.... the last 5 songs on my MP3 shuffle playlist were by Cake, Michael Jackson, Beck, Dave Brubeck, and Lady Gaga.

I work primarily "in the box". I have some great sample libraries and can build good basic instrumental tracks (drum/bass/keys/synths/guitars/strings, etc.). I do record my own bass and guitar parts when I find it necessary, and have the time. I'm pretty flexible as to the workflow/creative process - maybe you already have a song in mind and need some instrumentation/arrangement, or maybe you'd take one of my grooves and add vocals, and then we could add some instrumental hooks. Or whatever.

I primarily compose/arrange/record/mix on Cubase, but anything would do (long as we can keep track of tempos and key changes ,etc. :) I'd just be happy to work with somebody who can record some decent raw vocals and then exchange wav or mp3 files when necessary.

Forgot to add - I'd really like to work on originals, but fresh/creative covers are good too.

Anyways, send me a PM if interested, thanks!

Just a question: member since 2006 and this is your first post?
Hardcore lurker.

I don't sing but I wish you luck. It's hard to come by a good singer.

Sent you a PM, I'm a singer and always looking for musicians to work with. I'm a crappy musician, but a decent singer.

Back