Hello Everyone! I need some positive feed back and opinions on my singing plz

Er, well, positive feedback is a bit tricky. You have a nice natural vibrato.

You need to watch your pitch control, you miss the note quite often, which is often made a little more obvious by the song style, where you slur into the next note, but don't hit it dead on. Not unpleasant sounding, but coupled with what is frankly a pretty awful backing, it's a difficult one to be positive about. This kind of style needs VERY accurate control, and while it's fine waving around the actual note, at some point you have to decide when to not do it - and pin the note.

While accepting it's a contemporary vocal style, there is a chance that non-experts will dismiss it as unpleasant and weak - especially if they don't understand how good a singer has to be to do this kind of stuff.

I suspect that comments here will be honest, and few people will be rude or try to 'roast' you, but you really can't get positive feedback when you ask, because any critique will be spurred on by the things people don't like, or those features that annoy.

If this was on one of those TV programmes, then sadly, I think the comments would be more negative than positive. Is this really your preferred style of singing - because your voice sounds quite nice, but just not quite on the mark for this deliberate sliding around the notes.

Well..........to be honest.......and as was already stated.........you could use some more experience. Look..........your voice tone is good enough..........but your pitch control really needs a lot of work. If you record yourself a lot.........and listen to it carefully......and do that over and over.......you can learn to get better over time. I also suggest that you go for a few singing lessons so that you get started with a good foundation for learning and improving. If you want to.......you can do it. Have fun !!

Your voice is very pleasant. Kind of Deborah Harry-ish. Even fits with the style of tune you chose.
So, you need to breathe and you need to control the breath. That will help your pitch considerably.
Rob, Mick and I all see the potential, and to just tell you, "You're great; you could be the next Pink/Madonna/Bianca/Mariah/whatever" would not be positive feedback. So find you a teacher (or a coach) and get started. You might BE the next one.

Thank you Rob! Im not really sure what im doing when i sing, i havent learned anything or have i ever been taught anything about singing but i would like to get better so i need to find me a coach and really see what all i can do! thank you for you time and feed back!

Kimberly,

The overall tone of your voice has a lot going for it, but as a few others said, pitch control needs work. The musical clips don't really show what type of range you have, but there doesn't seem that you're are putting much power behind it. I hear a bit of Blondie and some Kim Carnes (without her little bit of rasp). Its a lot of difference between singing to your self while doing the dishes and belting out a song on a stage for people.

I would add one more aspect, enunciation. Its really difficult to hear what your are singing. It sounds a lot like what happens when someone doesn't know the lyric, and just slurs some words out. Really good professional singers can be easily understood, even when they are trying to lay it on a little "sultry".

Open your mouth and use your lips to form the words. Breathe before you start singing. It will help your pitch as well.

Keep practicing and if you can find a vocal coach, go for it.

As already said, pitch is one of the biggest things you want to master to sing seriously. If you have trouble hitting the notes, no matter what else you do, that will be what people notice.

As an aside, it might be worth looking into mic technique for recording too. The recording sounds a little muddy, and the words don't come through clearly. Some of that may be enunciation, but I suspect how you're using your mic and which mic factors in too.

You do sound like some of the current hip-hop stars :)

As someone else said, you need to get vocal coach if you are serious about it.

A lot of the stuff people comment about could be the mic position, the room ambience and the added effects, the backing track. And i don't think anyone can really separate all this from your vocal skills. Just singing to the track which is not the right tempo can mess up your pitch and tempo. So keep these things in mind when you judge your vocal talent on what people say here.

What we can help with is your recording technique and such.

Also look up Richard Millers book. His books are mainly used in most universities to teach vocal technique. Also , books by Scott Mccoy. If the vocal teacher have heard about these guys, then you are in good hands

Back