Have i improved ??

seancfc

Hey guys, I wanna know what you think of my singing now. I have been singing a different way. It feels a lot better and sound twice as good as I was last week.

It's getting there. Do you take vocal lessons by any chance?

Otherwise, keep it up, it still needs work but your voice has potential. Right now it sounds kind of moan-y.

Have i improved ?
Hard to say because the previous clip was so short and didn't test you. In this song, it falls apart on the sentence with "believe.....". I think you need a solid period of practice, practice and more practice. Just like a guitarist would if they were learning from scratch.
Oh, and a job {:D}.

You definitely have potential, but you just need lots of practice. That's the bottom line. Your tuning isn't too bad overall, but it definitely gets pitchy at points. That will improve with time as you improve your ear and the muscles in your throat and diaphragm.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but the guy that's "popular" on youtube from your other thread certainly has more control as a vocalist than you at this point. So if I were you, I'd stop spending time publicly badmouthing others and concentrate on improving yourself. Tearing down others may feel good at first and feed your ego in the short run, but in the long run it won't help you at all.

There's a reason why most (there are always exceptions, of course) of the world's elite performers are usually modest and humble when you hear them speak. They've gotten past the point of worrying about others (and their successes) and realize that the most important thing they can offer the music world is their own unique voice (on whichever instrument that is). Work on improving that and worry about living up to your own potential.

As most people here have said, you definitely have a good start (I hadn't even started singing by the time I was 17). Now you just have to keep working at it. Good luck.

Last edited:
Cool. Thanks for all your comments. I appreciate them so much, even negative ones. How can you guys tell that its pitchy? I don't think it was? I'm hearing it through my laptop. Are you guys using monitors/speakers ? I really can't tell.. haha.

Being able to tell a pitchy vocal is a crucial ingredient in being a singer. Pitchiness/being pitchy is just modern day polite musicianspeak for "You're not hitting the right note" which in turn can mean out of tune. Badly.
How can we tell ? Easy really. Even if you don't know the song being sung, anyone that listens to music {and I mean anyone} tends to have some inkling when a sung note just doesn't sound right. Alot of the time, it may only be off by a small amount. But it's still noticeable. Now, it's not always a melody breaker, but the objective should, as far as I'm concerned, always be to hit the note, bang on.
I just played the song clip to someone who said they liked the beat and the song but not the voice. Now, this person is a lazy singer and can barely sing themself. But even they can hear pitchiness in your clip.
The pitchy notes occur at "lie", the "you" after "trust", the latter syllable on "why", "shine", "tales", last 2 syllables of "hide", "still believe", the ending of "time" and "I'll take up ??? and know you're worth it".
When a voice is set alongside a musical instrument, it becomes even clearer when the notes aren't all they should be. I don't know if you have access to some sort of musical instrument or some kind of musical app that gives you all the notes. But if you do or can, sing against those notes until there is no difference in pitch regardless of what note you are going for.
And get a job. Practicing singing at work makes it a more pleasurable experience. I've written tons of stuff I dig while at work.

You can Achieve if you Believe
I don't believe that. I believe you can achieve if you believe and then work hard to make the thought a real live happening. Think of it as 10% inspiration, 90% perspiration !

Yeah, a lot of people make the mistake of thinking "pitchy" as applying to "low" or "high".
Or think it means that their voice is cracking.

I removed it. No point on keeping it up now, I know it ain't good. I was hoping it was good enough so I could do a video cover of it (lip sync) and upload it to YouTube. It would be my first upload. But.. if it ain't that good.. then.. I ain't keeping it. Haha.

If I did.. I'd probably only get likes and comments for my looks. I want to be good at singing. Not just getting likes and comments for my looks. So.. I'l keep practicing, practicing, practicing and practicing.

definitely you would be a good singer one day but you have to do a lot of practice you have potential best of luck.....

Back