Feedback on new song please.

Sorry, just realized what I did. I just edited it to get feedback only on the vocals then. I still want that so that should make this post more accurately placed. I will do a separate one in the other category for the full song feedback.

The way you recorded it makes it hard to completely appreciate your vocals. Your guitar masks and takes up a lot of the mid range where your vocals want to be. The camera compression kills the rest.

You have a nice voice. Record the song properly and bring it back.

All I have is my iPhone to record on which can probably work. I see what your saying with the guitar masking. Any tips how I can use just my iPhone camera but get a better balance between guitar and vocals? Also, when you say camera compression, are you referring to the horrible resolution I have on there?

The recording quality doesn't do justice to the song or your voice.

Nevertheless it's possible to make some comments. Your voice is fine and holds the tune well.

The song itself was okay. It seemed to take a long time to get to the hook (nearly two minutes), which is where I stopped.

All I have is my iPhone to record on which can probably work. I see what your saying with the guitar masking. Any tips how I can use just my iPhone camera but get a better balance between guitar and vocals? Also, when you say camera compression, are you referring to the horrible resolution I have on there?

You won't be able to get a recording on an iPhone that doesn't sound like an iPhone.
Recording straight onto your phone is more like homelessrecording (ha).

If you invested a bit into a microphone and knowledge into how to record yourself onto a computer, you would already sound three times as good.

Thanks for the comments and compliments! I did reupload the HD version which helps slightly but yeah the whole guitar/vocal volume balance is still way off. I appreciate your time to review and write back. Thanks!

Bro you sound pretty good! It is not my language nor my genre, but I loved it. You would sound like a pro if you record it well.

I think it is time for you to spend some money and get some recording stuff. And there is a new subforum about recording with tables and smart phones. Maybe post it there.

Also, just something to try it out. Keep the phone a bit higher, at your eye level, so that your vocals stand out and the guitar stays in the back.

Thanks!

Bro you sound pretty good! It is not my language nor my genre, but I loved it. You would sound like a pro if you record it well.

I think it is time for you to spend some money and get some recording stuff. And there is a new subforum about recording with tables and smart phones. Maybe post it there.

Also, just something to try it out. Keep the phone a bit higher, at your eye level, so that your vocals stand out and the guitar stays in the back.

Thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate it! Yes, I will check out and research a new way to record my music. Thanks!

Yeah man, the vocal and playing seems good, but there is no way to really judge it with the recording quality you are getting.

Audio interface and a decent mic first man. Then room treatment and monitors if you are serious.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I just can't hear what you actually have from the video. Could be awesome. Hard to tell with such a rough recording. You do seem to have some good qualities, but it is such poor quality recording wise.

I have heard singers that make me puke with this quality. Others that you can just hear just how amazing their voices are with the same. I would place you in the upper region of that scale, though a bit generic and bland as far as song and performance.

I would suggest you improve your gear a bit to get better control of your recordings and move forward from there. Can't improve upon what you can't hear...

Welcome ccowan! :)

Yeah man, the vocal and playing seems good, but there is no way to really judge it with the recording quality you are getting.

Audio interface and a decent mic first man. Then room treatment and monitors if you are serious.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I just can't hear what you actually have from the video. Could be awesome. Hard to tell with such a rough recording. You do seem to have some good qualities, but it is such poor quality recording wise.

I have heard singers that make me puke with this quality. Others that you can just hear just how amazing their voices are with the same. I would place you in the upper region of that scale, though a bit generic and bland as far as song and performance.

I would suggest you improve your gear a bit to get better control of your recordings and move forward from there. Can't improve upon what you can't hear...

Welcome ccowan! :)

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback!

Back