Is this controversial Rap to you in this age?

This is pretty tight. It reminds me a lot of Death Grips. I think controversial lyrics have their place. I don't really like when people are controversial for the sake of being controversy, when there is a good reason for it I see no reason why people should stir the shit pot.

The imagery would definitely offend in certain parts of the world. Looks like Freddie Mercury on that cross.
Of course swearing in rap will always attract negative attention and it would be considered controversial.

But then again, Eminem is the most succesful artist of the last 15 years and he doesn't have a album without controversy (I'd say that making a track that is dedicated as a death threat to a person you know personally [Kim] is a lot more controversial than something about Christianity).

Your rap it self is pretty good. It kind of sounds like Nine Inch Nails with rap. You have to do something about the vocal placement in the mix though. The words in a rap are the most important part and you seem to be treating them like a rhythm guitar. Nothing is more important than the words in rap.

Last edited:
After 30 seconds I stopped it. Not because I found it to be controversial, but because I found it to be boring as fuck! Does that mean you should stop what you're doing? NO! Do whatever you want to do. I just found it to be boring. Good luck though! :confused:

I think that envelopes are there to be pushed. But it's important to have something meaningful to say.

Lyrically, this is all over the place. You jump from "I hate Christianity because a priest molested me" to "here's a bunch of Harry Potter references" to "here's some general misogyny". That makes the whole thing come off as sort of cartoonish. JG96 compared it to Death Grips, but while some of DG's songs make me legitimately uncomfortable because they seem to portray a plausible but incredibly unhealthy attitude towards sexuality, this song's approach to the same subject seems more like a juvenile caricature.

I like the effects you have on the vocals with the pitch-shifted and distorted emphasis on some lyrics though.

So overall, it sounds like you're trying really hard to be edgy, but I don't find it believable enough.

You need a gimmick. For instance, the Geto Boys had a midget rapping about dismembering people. Maybe you can find a guy who's 8 feet tall?

Back