Is it worth improving my voice? Singing Simple Man (my way)

dullcovers

I know this is not the greatest performance I could have, couldn't sing too loud so my voice couldn't be as deep as usual, didn't really practice and I recorded this with my phone. It's kind of paradoxal, but I still want to know if I have something worth improving or maybe something interesting about my voice. Just want to know if it's worth for me to keep singing.

I sang simple man by Lyrnyrd Skynyrd, only my way which may be a bit weird for those who know the song, please listen to it all (1 minute).

Vocaroo | Voice message

I hope you tell me what's wrong or what's fine if possible.

I think your voice is really good mate for this style of music. Breath support could be better in some places but actual tonal quality is really good imo, especially since you recorded through a phone. Definitely stick around here for the advice of others and make sure you to give input in other members threads as well. But yes, if you're on the fence about getting better recording equipment I would green light it and say you would be doing yourself justice to do so. Take care.

It's always worth improving your voice. You have a kind of "everyman" voice that would work well in acoustic folk tunes--and not just that. The tone is pleasant. Your pitch seems pretty good, maybe a rough patch here or there. Pitch improves with practice--so I'm finding with my own voice. You could do a lot with your voice if you worked at it.

Back