What do you think of my singing?

Truebornunicorn

I like to sing but I'm not sure it sounds very good. Just wondering what other people think.

I like to sing a lot of different styles but this is one of my favorites. It's a bit of Come Fly With Me and Ain't That A Kick In The Head. I originally had no intention of uploading this and was singing just before getting in the shower and I actually turned it on during part of it.

I kind of messed up a bit in Come Fly With Me.

https://soundcloud.com/truebornunicorn/come-fly-with-me-and-aint-that-a-kick-in-the-head/s-iKKpp

I'd appreciate any critique.

Nice accompaniment. :)

Sorry, we get way to much of these. One post, and it's looking for feedback...but I understand. You have to start somewhere

Your voice is not unappealing. Actually nice crooner style. Air control seems to be a problem. Work on some diaphragm exercises. But that might be because of the activity (ies) you were doing before you started singing i.e. you may have already been out of breath. Also sounded kind of dry. Not as in the ambiance of your bathroom, but the emotions from you. I'm not getting much feeling from your voice.

So seriously---seriously record something. It sounds like you've got decent pitch, but without any backing, it's difficult to tell. I'm going to be positive and say you've got a nice voice. Let's hear you sing along with a track or a guitar or a piano or something...if you can play sax and sing at the same time, that would be a unique and marketable skill...;) ({Foghorn Legghorn voice} That's a joke, son. Play sax and sing, son. A joke!)

Hey thanks, I appreciate the response. "Not unappealing" is just what I was going for haha. I probably did just get done working out but I'll definitely look into diaphragm exercises, and I see what you mean about the dryness.

I'll practice some more and then record with something, maybe not a shower...

Thanks for listening!

Since you asked-sounds like you have potential that needs to be trained,
I think this particular song is advanced, lots of nuances and phrasing,
lot of work and I believe you could craft a fine vocal instrument,
and I do not agree that training in and of itself produces a great voice,
some people have it, some people don't,
even if you do it takes a lot of work to hone it
sunaj

I have to say the pitching is NOT fine - you miss very important intervals - the first fly away is a tone too high, and then you mess up others and do accidental key changes throughout. The tone of your voice suits the song if you were doing a Sinatra impersonation, but that's a pretty hard song and you missed. This makes me wonder if you have the control - did you notice you changed keys, missed the big intervals when you go up or down?

Seriously though - from the shower noises, it's someone taking the pee isn't it. It's so awful it's not serious. Somebody laughing at us.

Good God! If you're going to do something, please do it in a professional manner.
I sing in my shower sometimes too, but don't make a fool of myself by recording it and putting it on the net for strangers to critique.

I sing better when im sitting on the toilet pinching one off than when im in the shower.
you should give it a shot and record the results!

Back