Want to improve my singing, just purchased a new mic. Please leave feedback!

A new mic has pretty much nothing to do with your singing........except to make clearer whether you're getting better at it or not. Are you using headphones as you sing this sample? If you are..........can you hear yourself well through the phones? Your singing ability is about average but not quite where it should be to do any serious recording or performing really. And yet.......not so far from being acceptable or better with a little work. Do you take lessons? My guess is that a good teacher / vocal coach could help you out faster and better than you could on your own. Keep at it.

First decide what genre you want to sing in, then get pro lessons. You are clearly at the beginning stages of singing with no previous voice training. That said, get the training and then see if your voice can hold up to the competition. I'm not trying to be harsh on your ability. just so you know, after 30 years of singing, my voice flat out sucks. I sound just as bad as I did 30 years ago. a guitarist can become great but a bad voice remains a bad voice although with maybe slight improvement over the years. Get the training first.

Back