Suzanne Leonard Cohen tune

TAE

All you have is now
Always loved this tune as a young teen when it was released...decided to give it a try...whatchya think?

Suzanne

All time favourite song of mine. I usually play this at Christmas/New Years if I've drunk enough.

First impressions are funny. I always think of Leonard as two different singers.
The young semi-whiney 'bird on the wire/suzanne' guy, and the old weather beaten 'the future' and 'waiting for the miracle' guy.
The difference between the two is 50 years and 50,000 cigarettes, I think.

You've kinda done an early Cohen song in the later Cohen voice (kinda),which I'm digging!

I like the way you've put a bit of a swing on it too. You've jazzed it up a little and made it your own, which I enjoyed. :)

Thanks for sharing man. Huge Cohen fan here so nice to see his name pop up! :)

Thanks Steen pretty cool that a 30 year old is hip to Cohen.....I was @ 14 when it came out...Flower power , hippies, LSD, Vietnam in full swing... It was a bizarre time period. I was still walking the straight and narrow but it was all curious and interesting to me...especially hippie chicks ...

The song grabbed me back then and though it gets lost in the shuffle of a billion songs I like to listen it resurrects in my head every so often...

I went out today and banged this out rough in about 30 minutes... after I ripped it I added an organ track ...that sounds really cool... I did zero real mixing of it..did the vocals about 5 times to get this take...it still has some rough spots but close to what I want.....I liked it but wanted some feedback...

Cool. My favorite Leonard Cohen song. You got the voice for it.

That piano is dark, as is the mix. There's some mud to clean up. The lead vocal is very dynamic, level wise. You don't want to tame that too, too much, but some. I'm hearing hiss.

I dig it!

Cool. My favorite Leonard Cohen song. You got the voice for it.

That piano is dark, as is the mix. There's some mud to clean up. The lead vocal is very dynamic, level wise. You don't want to tame that too, too much, but some. I'm hearing hiss.

I dig it!

Thanks Rob I need to go in and clip the silent parts of the vocal track ( hiss )..Out of town for a few days so I won't be able to play with it probably till next week (as soon as I get back to LA I be headin to Namm .....woo hoo!)

Back