Some tips for me would rock

Noeru

Some advice for me would rock

So I'm not especially a beginner in singing, since I do that since I was 4 I believe. Anyway I never really had singing lessons though. But I think I'm a pretty decent singer. But you can always learn something new and I thought it's time to get some advice from fellow singers! Before you get talked to death I might just show you my latest project.

So this was some work since I only had the instrumental without any choir or harmony things. This is the instrumental. So I kinda figured the harmonies out by myself. Feedback to that and also to my singing in general would be very nice. Are notes really off or is there something you especially noticed about my voice? Would be cool if you can tell me your thoughts on this. Thank you guys c:

Last edited:
Anyone? Can't be that I don't need any advice s:
Would be nice if you just leave your opinion on this and my voice in general. I'm pretty sure some tips would be great.

This home rec site tends to focus on /Pop/Rock/Metal for the most part....that's some weird shit you put up. ;)
I think it scares people off after about 10 seconds of listening! :D

Seriously though...your voice sounds pretty good, but it seems like you are working real hard with that piece of music. Maybe you should post something where the music is a little more sparse and/or lets you voice really stand out so it can be better heard.

What's your goal, singing-wise....what is it that you are looking for comments on and at what level?
Are you planning to be an operatic singer in a pro sense...or just having some fun at home, etc...?

Oh...and if you do you ever sing anything in Pop/Rock flavors, post it, you'll get more responses here. :)

Ah okay, thats something I can work with, haha. But I'm really clueless if no one says so. Then I guess I'll ask again, when I got some Pop/Rock songs recorded again.

Singing-wise my goal is to have fun, but also to improve. I used to dream that sometime in the future I get to sing for a living and thats kinda the reason I really want to improve and get better. But at the moment I really just sing for exactly that reason. Just to sing, haha. Sounds weird, but maybe someone can relate to that though.

Thank you for your response c:

I agree with Miro, this is a hard one to provide feedback.

As a first pass, sounds like this one is too advanced for your vocals. Didn't sound like your voice had thew strength to keep up. Adding to that, lot of breath phrasing required for the song you picked.

Try a simpler song, let us hear it. I suggest before you post, practice it with several takes, then post the best one. 99.9% of all recordings are a result of several takes. Practice/record until you know exactly how you are going to do it before it is required. To do vocals well, you have to set up your voice run to know where you are coming from and going to and the path (notes) to get there.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll try that. With harmonies I get kinda lazy, but I guess a little more practice should do the trick then. I'll upload a simpler song soon, so that you guys have it easier, haha. thanks though!

Your voice is basically sound, but you would benefit form singing coaching. At the start it sounds a bit breathless. Mostly it sounds as if the songi s not quite the range for your voice which is sounding a bit swallowed, specially the lower notes, which become almost inaudible.

It's a complicated piece, and a brave one to try. So you have done well, but you have still a fair way to go yet.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll try that. With harmonies I get kinda lazy, but I guess a little more practice should do the trick then. I'll upload a simpler song soon, so that you guys have it easier, haha. thanks though!

Couple of things, if you want to do it well, don't be lazy. If you do get lazy, don't tell us. You might just be saying this an expression, just FYI.

Most everyone here really works hard on their music and mixing. Even if they don't want to be famous, they want to be good or very good at music and mixing. If you're not going to put in the time, you may want to reconsider even doing it. Either way, be aware of the dedication people on the board have when asking on here for assistance.

I mean this in a good way.

Back