Singing like a folk singer..looking for feedback..Part II

hacker561

Hello there,

Some of you may remember my feeble attempts to sing a John Prine song here about a year and a half ago. I can't find the thread, so I started a new one here with the same title. My username has changed as I lost my old one as well. I appreciated the feedback you guys gave me back then. Here is a version of Me and Bobby McGee that I did last night, recorded by the built-in mic of my MacBook pro. I was singing into a Sennheiser Mic which was plugged into a Fishman Loudbox mini, along with my acoustic guitar. I think the guitar volume should be boosted a bit. Let me know what you think-any feedback appreciated!

Oh it's not that it's bad man, there's just not a lot of activity here. People tend to drop a file and never come back so not many people bother listening.

Can't really tell you much, the room makes it hard to hear you. Is there a bigger room or maybe you can put some pillows around you or even just sit on a bed or couch when you record? It sounds like you're in a closet which would be fine if there were some clothes to catch some reflections.

Interesting...here I was thinking the vocals were too loud compared to the guitar. I was recording into the mic on my laptop, which can't be too good. This weekend I will record through my mixing board. Thanks for listening.

Back